Acme build off bike

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
heres some pics of my build, i thought i'd put everything in a thread where others could post and comment on it since the build off thread is closed to others,

the bike is a 60's era columbia, it has a S/A drum brake front hub with 6V dyno, honda GX35cc engine, i'm using a 3 speed rear hub as a jack shaft/transmission with a jockey shift next to the tank. theres more info on that in my 3 speed jack shaft thread in the 4 stroke section.
the tank and fenders are fiber glass, i made the tank and modded some fenders i found on line so they fit over the outside of the frame, there fastened to the bike with 1/4 turn fasteners and split down the middle for ez access to the wheels.
the wheels and frame are striped bare and then gun blued. the bars are 1" with 7/8th stubs welded in the ends for the hand controls.
under the engine behind the cowling is a 6V battery.

Attachments

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
no one has noticed yet, but the acme lowrider build kyle is working on is using a 3 speed hub as a friction drive on the rear wheel. it's giving an 18-1 reduction in 1st gear, 10-1 in 2nd and 6-1 in 3rd. looking like it's going to work out real good as a drive roller.