Threadless beach cruiser?>

GoldenMotor.com

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
I have a set of 7inch travel downhill forks that I want to use for my build but i can't find a threadless (neck / headset) beach cruiser frame anywhere - do they exist? any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I have a set of 7inch travel downhill forks that I want to use for my build but i can't find a threadless (neck / headset) beach cruiser frame anywhere - do they exist? any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
What you are looking for is pretty rare. It is much easier to adapt a beach cruiser frame to the threadless forks than it is to find one already set up that way. Usually it requires using the cups that came with the frame and finding a headset that will work with those and the forks. It is worth the effort imo. I won't ride a MB without front suspension anymore.

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
ahh I hadn't thought of that ( finding a 1" threadless headset" ) good suggestion thank you!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
It sounds like your downhill forks might require a 1 1/8" threadless headset.
Slip a 1" threadless stem over the fork steering tube. If it is too tight, you need a 1 1/8".
A bike shop may determine the size for you for free.

My mongoose Zuma is 1 1/8". Others are Specialized shark, KHS Brentwood, Trek Clyde, GT also made one but I can't recall the model name. Nashbar made one.

I also have a Diamondback Voyager that is a mountain bike, but has curved tubes in the front triangle like a cruiser.

I don't think that any of the above are still produced, so you will need to check swap meets, craigslist, EBay, etc.

The Giant Simple is till in production. The various Felt cruisers also have 1 1/8" head tubes.

Last edited: