Utube 99cc Preddy Performance demonstration

GoldenMotor.com

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Now be FAT like I am... 215 ish with a #100 plus trike and pulling another #100 in a trailer and run this test again. To some of us speed has nothing to do with it. And you forgot to find the steepest hill to climb.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
WOW! 46mph on a bicycle AND holding a camera AND looking down to show the speedo....I don't know how to respond to that.

BTW, how accurate is that speedo?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
WOW! 46mph on a bicycle AND holding a camera AND looking down to show the speedo....I don't know how to respond to that.

BTW, how accurate is that speedo?
LOL I have a camera mount that I clamp with my teeth.

I think the speedo is pretty accurate. The rpms and ratio calculations seem to proove it, if the tach is accurate. I followed the set-up directions exactly. I'll try to check it with a car for some verification.

I'm gonna try some more vids today on the steepest hill around.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I was hoping you would say that! I am not questioning the top speed, either, I have read of others doing about the same speed with those predators...you do get the titanium balz award for going that fast on a bicycle though!

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
For my Predator, gear calculations are dead on!!! It is verified with GPS. Top speed got to 43 MPH.....the difference with my Predator from what Ive read with other members who have built them, is that I cant get my Predator over 5400 RPM.....where some here claim 6000 RPM with valves floating over 5500......so Im cool with it only spinning to 5400 and Ive only done that once.....My riding keeps me in cruise control at 4500 RPM taking me 36 MPH and thats plenty fast!!!.....9.6/1 gear reduction BTW

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
For my Predator, gear calculations are dead on!!! It is verified with GPS. Top speed got to 43 MPH.....the difference with my Predator from what Ive read with other members who have built them, is that I cant get my Predator over 5400 RPM.....where some here claim 6000 RPM with valves floating over 5500......so Im cool with it only spinning to 5400 and Ive only done that once.....My riding keeps me in cruise control at 4500 RPM taking me 36 MPH and thats plenty fast!!!.....9.6/1 gear reduction BTW
At first, mine would top out at 5400. It appears that after they run a while and break in and loosen up tolerances some, the revs gradualy go up. I'm gettin better than 5800 now, after about 150 miles..

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Nice Wayne....
Ive actually got about 350 miles on mine now....Just crossed the 20hr mark on the engine so Im about to do an oil change and switch to Mobile 1 5w-30.....what do you run in yours?

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Wayne,do You have a build thread on that bike?...I know of the friction drive bike but what is Your final drive on this bike?....belt or chain?....Is it a Cranbrook?....Tigmaster....

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I like 10w30 Castrol, but all the brand names are the same I think. I changed oil at 1 hr, 2 hrs and 10 hrs. Amazing amount of alumininum in the first drain on both my Preddys. That's why I like to do several oil changes within the first 10 hrs. I can't stand the idea of all that powered aluminum circulating in there for 10 hours like the book sez for the first oil change. 'specialy since I'm reving way over governed rpm.