new Sunlite springer fork

GoldenMotor.com

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
So I ordered this black Sunlite springer from Amazon/Niagra, but it looks like they sent me a newer model, with brake posts. It's the same one seen here at Pirate Cycles.

This would be a great starting point for someone looking to add front brakes to a BTR. It also seems to be the stronger and better made fork compared to the basic Schwinn repro.

Photos and ride report to follow.

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
So I ordered this black Sunlite springer from Amazon/Niagra, but it looks like they sent me a newer model, with brake posts. It's the same one seen here at Pirate Cycles.

This would be a great starting point for someone looking to add front brakes to a BTR. It also seems to be the stronger and better made fork compared to the basic Schwinn repro.

Photos and ride report to follow.
I just bought this fork from Pirate Cycles (with the posts) and it looks great! Build quality seems to be good. In the middle of re-painting the frame right now, but I'll throw my two cents in here as well after I'm riding.

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I also picked this fork up from pirate, also picked the antique reproduction duel leg kickstand. can installe the fork till i get some new bearings and some race grease. over all looks wicked....

on top of this i need to installe the kickstand two short of a lug to rock on my mnt trek 780 frame. another cool thing about pirate they give you CANDY a cool helmet sticker and some business cards to spread the pirate love with!

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
I forgot to update this thread. The Sunlite fork has a much firmer spring, and sits more upright than my generic fork.

Old fork:

New fork:

The ride is much more stable, but that's probably mostly due to the bend in my old steer tube.