Pirate cycles

GoldenMotor.com

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Has anyone delt with these people lately? I've called at different times during the day with no answer. Can't leave a message mail box is full. He has what I want. Any way to get a hold of this guy?
Tia

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Ahoy pedrodog,

Blow Me down, Ye have'n a little Pirate problem? Avast ye varmint, Ye don't ask about no Pirates on tis forum. Ye don't want to stir up the Capt'n! Ye do a search for Pirates and make up Ye own mind Mattie, Savvy?

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Pedro,

The folks are just funning with you as this, your topic has come up a lot of late.

It is good natured fun amongst friends.

What are you looking for?

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Howdy Pedro,

The folks are just funning with you as this, your topic has come up a lot of late.

It is good natured fun amongst friends.

What are you looking for?
Thanks you all for the laughs this morning Big blue had me rolling. Any ways I am looking for a 24" wheel with drum brakes. I am trying to keep my current rim which hold a 24"x3.25 fat 3G tire. I can respook the rim with drum brake myself. I could get it from somewhere else but its all steel. kinda want all aluminum. Oh btw I get it dont by or order from pirate cycles . Thanks.

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Oh btw I get it dont by or order from pirate cycles . Thanks.
That's not really the case. If you know what you want and it's listed on their website and doesn't show as out of stock you should be okay placing an order. Pirate doesn't have/take the time to answer emails or calls because they get too many people that use them for a learning resource and waste their time. Many people don't like that and there are other places to buy from.

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Thanks for the link but that is all steel. I want to keep my rim which is aluminum and I can re spoke it. I've been googling for days and haven't found anything yet without having to go through the hassle of spoke size calculating.
btw I checked it again trying to order it and says call for availability. so I take it they are out.

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
That's not true either. They to bizzy drinking beer in the barber shop right next door.
And a lot of people here have order stuff that shows in stock AND IT WASN'T.
I KNOW IT HAPPENED TO ME AND OTHERS HERE. PirateCycles is all washed-up on the beach.
And its just getting worse and worse with not even the slightest sign of it improving .

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
That's not true either. They to bizzy drinking beer in the barber shop right next door.
And a lot of people here have order stuff that shows in stock AND IT WASN'T.
I KNOW IT HAPPENED TO ME AND OTHERS HERE. PirateCycles is all washed-up on the beach.
And its just getting worse and worse with not even the slightest sign of it improving .
Ah the truth finally comes out!!!!! Thank you very much for the info!!! I guess I'll have to order from my local shop but they are so expensive! I know from experience as a mariner that steel and aluminum don't play well with each other! If I have to go with a different color rim then so be it. I have a bike and parts lined up for my first build and can't wait to start on it. Just need to add front brakes to my current bike and sell it.

Thanks again!

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Yeah they don't answer the phone but I just ordered my 3 speed hub adapter Monday and it should be here tomorrow. They had a tracking number in less than 24 hours. So i know it's being shipped. They are up and down like the tides of the sea.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Nexus hub adapter came in on schedule. Opened and was packaged well with the pirate sticker, however there was no candy like the old days. WTF That's why people are complaining. The lack of candy. You need the candy!!!! How do you think Craig Ferguson bribes all those people to his show??? CANDY!!! Dammit. This getting ridiculous. Just like this thread. Good night lol.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Nexus hub adapter came in on schedule. Opened and was packaged well with the pirate sticker, however there was no candy like the old days. WTF That's why people are complaining. The lack of candy. You need the candy!!!! How do you think Craig Ferguson bribes all those people to his show??? CANDY!!! Dammit. This getting ridiculous. Just like this thread. Good night lol.
They have free candy?

Is their van parked outside?

;)