power pusher trailer trike

GoldenMotor.com

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
This summer (2012) I built this push trailer for my Penninger delta trike. The engine is a HF 99cc which I was able to buy at HF for $65. The trailer is made from 1 1/4" tubing. It has a 12 tooth clutch and a 70 tooth drive sprocket on a 6" mini bike wheel. I built a dog house box around the engine with a carrier on top for transporting stuff. The Trike cruises about 20 mph and gets close to 100 mpg in town.

I use it everyday to run errands and just cruise around. I did not do and modification to the trike and can take the hitch off of the trike and it will be back the way it was.

The engine was on HF bargain table I believe because somebody ha returned it. I had some issues with the engine such as the output shaft was .005 too big and it would not idle. They were easy fixes and I have been very happy with the performance. It has more than enough power to push me up some pretty steep hills at no loss of speed. I can increase the speed with some changes in the gearing but I am contend at 20 mph.

Attachments

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
Thanks for looking and I am sorry about the small pictures. I am not a computer person so I am not sure how to make them bigger. I do know how frustrating it is to try to look at the those small pictures.

The trike works better than I expected. It is extremely dependable and handy. I can actually tear the thing down to bear bones in about 30 min. A person can ride for hours in comfort. I know it is not the flashiest looking thing on the road but it sure is fun and practical. Mike