HF engine tips and tricks

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
dunno if this is helpful except maybe for more info. The HF engine is not made by HF or the "greyhound" company, it is made by Shanghai Grow Development co. ltd. They list this engine as A152-F, and it seems to be used by a lot of companies. My pressure washer has one, and it is called "legacy" They aren't bad engines, and I'm really impressed with what people have been doing with them. A lot of talent! Good Job Everyone!!!

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
I see the A-154F is 2.8 hp at 4000rpm, but it is the same dimentions as the 2.4hp and lists the same displacement numbers. 80.?cc SHANGHAI GROW DEVELOPMENT CO.,LTD.. Wonder what it would be at 5200. Just thinking out load. I'd suggest beating the **** out of that model also.
Hi Ray
The A154F has a 54mm bore whereas the A152F has a 52mm bore. The stroke is the same for both engines at 38mm.

Jim

Last edited:

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Hi guys doing a HF build myself how did you do the exaust couldnt make it out from pic looks like your motor sets pretty far to the right side like mine I removed the governer and the oil sensor from the inside pluged holes with nuts bolts rubber washers. Couldnt believe the cam shaft was made of plastic. Do you think the valve springs need to be heavier with gov removed? Thanks Larry

Hi,

I did the math and the motor with the 52 MM piston works out to 80.701 CC and matches the information chart on the A152F.

The A154F with the larger 54 MM piston is 87.028 CC.

I think both motors were listed with 80.7 CC??????????????

Have fun,

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Center to center holes are about3/16 smaller just did it unless you get adAPTER PLATE THEN ANYTHING WILL WORK if you gear it wright

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was just gonna ask you if I could quote ya TS. "NGK part# LD05F"

Just as a goof, gonna get each of the plugs mentioned (Thanks again Elmo!) an try em and do an in-depth, independent, purely scientific examination of each one. Then compare all with stock plug cap, then with the NGK cap. (Read have an excuse to ride a lot, snork. I love my life)

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I emailed HF tech support ([email protected]) for the valve lash clearances on the HF 2.5.
INTAKE .006
EXHAUST .008
measured cold
I checked the two new engines and both were set at .009-.009. It would pay to check a new engine and reset .

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I emailed HF tech support ([email protected]) for the valve lash clearances on the HF 2.5.
INTAKE .006
EXHAUST .008
measured cold
I checked the two new engines and both were set at .009-.009. It would pay to check a new engine and reset .
Better loose than tight. More typical (w/ other motors) is .008 in .010 ex so err on the loose (if at alll). I assume that's at TDC on the ign. stroke. Is there a mark on the flywheel or do you have to measure to the top of the piston?

Cheers! Evan

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
No timing marks that I am aware of. If you want to be exact you can use a dial indicater in the sparkplug hole. Hope you are snowed under with orders for your products.

Last edited:

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
The only marks I know for sure if you take the cover off there is a dot on the cam and on the crank they have to be lined up then your at top dead center. If your just gonna set valves you can just look in the cylinder with flash light to get it closer enough they just need to be free you got tolerance. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.