Cheap tuned pipe.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I bought this pipe off e-bay for $25 new. All I did to make it fit was stand on it and gently bend it a bit, and make a simple mount for the back. Performance is night and day over the stock pipe.

Last edited:

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
Good find! I'm eyeballing the 19mm mikuni carb. I wonder what you have to do to get a throttle cable with the right ends.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Same pipe I've been using for the past year. After researching it on a pocket bike forum I found the trick to this pipe is to get inside of it and get the extra 2 inches of straight tubing out of the inside of the cones at each end. The welds where they meet the cones clogs the openings a lot. I tried shoving a piece of 3/8" all thread into it and realized how much weld closed up the inside of the pipe- to- cone connection. I lengthened the belly of mine about 3" with some 2 1/4 auto exhaust pipe. Heat shielding the outside of the pipe is a must or it will ruin your day. I wrapped mine in some perforated aluminum to block the heat from barbecuing my leg. Check mine out..
It sounds nice, and has that 70's dirt bike retro look.

Attachments

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
both of your pipes need to be longer. about 38-39 inches will help you realize the power band, but you are definitely not ever "on the pipe"

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Foureasy: Thanks for your input on my pipe. You said the more ideal length is 39".
Can you give me some suggestions on which section I should extend?
Current pipe length is 32" and breaks down as follows:
Header pipe with ells .............. 11" 7/8" OD
Divergent cone........................ 4.5" 2 1/2" OD
Belly...................................... 3.5" 2 1/2" OD
Convergent cone..................... 4.5"
Stinger.................................. 8.5 7/8" OD
_______
ttl length 32"

I know that you know your stuff.
I have a pocket bike pipe like SBP's chrome exp. chamber sitting in my basement unused if you think it's a better choice. Thanks,
Tim

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
by far the easiest is to add to the header. start there adding like 5 or six inches, then try adding to the belly an inch or two at a time. with those cone angles being equal, there wont be a huge hit, but there will be a very obvious power gains. though not necessarily on the first try. the variable here is your exhaust port timing, but remember that the longer the distance that the pressure wave has to travel, the lower rpm the "power band" will be. with a 32 inch pipe, your peak power is somewhere around 13-14000 rpms.

@slowbalt - my bike also does 39mph with a 41t sprocket and 24.5in tire. which puts me at 9500

ken murphy

Sep 19, 2008
I bought this pipe off e-bay for $25 new. All I did to make it fit was stand on it and gently bend it a bit, and make a simple mount for the back. Performance is night and day over the stock pipe.

I bought somthing like that also here's mine i did a lil more work on itxct2

Attachments

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
How loud are these pipes? I wonder how hard it would be to get one of these to fit under insted of over? Has any used one of these pipes tucked under?

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
How loud is this pipe? What does it sound like? I dont want a loud screaming pipe. I would like a pipe with a nice deep tone and I can realy use some more power for the hills. Thanks