24" Board Trackers??

GoldenMotor.com

NewOrleansFlyer

Jun 27, 2011
Montana
I love Fat Frank and Thick Brick tires...something about that 3" width. Most board trackers have a real good look with these tires, and it looks by the proportions of the tires to bike, the trackers are built on 24 inch frames?? Can I get 26"X3" tires or do I stick with the 24"s? Oh, and can I put the 24"s on a 26" frame (assuming I use 24" rims). Thanks.

Last edited:

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Most of the original btrs used a 26x2 1/4 rim.

You can use a 26in wheel on a 24in frame as long as the total diameter is the same.
ex. if your bike came with 24x3 it will most likely work.
if you bike came with 24x2 I doubt it will work.

Just for reference
Here is a size chart from Coker Tire of antique motorcycle rims.
Size is the dimensions of the tire.
Inches is the diameter of the rim. (edge to edge)

Attachments

Last edited:

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
yeah, look out for chain clearance issues and dont forget that even though they(thickbricks) are a 24" diameter, the tire is so huge they wind up being 27" tall anyway.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Depends on what 24" tyre you are referring to, and also what design 26" bike you are also referring to. Different width or brand 24"tyres will differ in height, and many 26" bikes will have different tyre clearance distances. You need to consider tyre width as well as height.

Should work fine but you never know.....

OH it also depends on what width the 24" rim is. The skinnier the rim the taller/skinnier the tyre profile will be. The wider the rim the lower/fatter the tyre profile will be...... CONFUSED? LOL

Last edited: