Carb/Intake Connection

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
I have a Dax RT carb and will most likely be using my offset intake when I install the engine mount which gets here today. The carb itself does not fit very far onto the intake. For example, the inside depth of the RT carb where it clamps onto the intake is over a half inch, but the carb will only fit onto about 3 mm of the end of the intake.

My question being, is there a way to get this carb to go further onto the intake?

I had though I might file the intake where it meets the carb slightly and see if I can't get it further in. Any thoughts?
.shft.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have not use a dax carb but it should have the same clamping style of the nt and cns, I loosen the clamp screw and spread the flange with a screw driver, it should open up fairly easy. You can also lube the intake and twist it while pushing it in.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Who made your "offset mainifold" ?
The dax RT carb will fit all stock intakes and unless yours is oversized for some reason, it should fit it too. A tight fit is good, one that you can't get the carburetor on is not.
Take the advice given by Greg58 above. If you still can not get the carb on then contact the supplier of the intake manifold and question their quality control.
Tom

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Hey thanks for the replies. I just came back from one of my worse rides. Clutch cable broke at the arm. Had to tie my shoelace to the arm and pull it when starting off. The intake I bought on eBay, but it's not fitting on either of my stock intakes either. I will try Greg's advice then post some results

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Still waiting on doing the carb. Installed an sbp engine mount last night, put two K415H chains together to be broken to right length and started hooking everything back up. Didn't have time to get to the carb. Will do tonight.

Congratulations alienboy. Don't let these small issues dissuade you, the Dax RT was when of my favorite purchases. It added a nice bit of power an the throttle response is great compared to my old stock NT.