Sportsman 208cc Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Just finished up another Sportsman 200 model. It's chassis #24 of my 200 model and since it's the last of 24 frames built of this model I figured I would keep this one! Standard 200 frame with boardie seat tabs so I can swap it over to a board track racer if I want, but currently configured with spring saddle and cruiser bars. I used a 208cc electric start Northern Tool engine and built it for low end torque. Man, this thing has huge amounts of pull down low! So fun to ride. I also added non traditional disc brakes and an electric starter and charging system. Here are a few pictures.

Worksman aluminun rims, stainless 11 ga. spokes, pedal cab super heavy duty tires that are much heavier than even Maxxis Hookworms, and disc brakes. Fork has friction shock upgrade. Gas tank is rounded out Indian style made from stainless. Color is Statuary Bronze powder coat.

Sportsman 200 #24 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Here is the rear hub detail. Adapter plate allows use of my standard two piece split sprocket system for easier gearing changes. I designed a rear caliper bracket that indexes off the dropout slot and axle so it adjusts with rim.

I also added clutch and flywheel guards. My custom stainless intake and exhaust and a 26mm Mikuni. You can see the starter below the engine in this view. There is an EVO battery in the toolbox with ignition switch, and the bike has a proper charging system. I fired it up for the first time on Friday evening, rode it up and down the street four or five times, then loaded it up and took it on the spring Whizzer club ride that was 60 miles. Not a single problem the whole day. It was comfortable, reliable and started like a champ. Electric start is the way to go! Eventually I'll add full fenders, but for now I just plan to ride the crap out of this thing.

Reactions: chainmaker

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great job Pat! I also ordered a pair of the pedi-cab tires in 2.5" for my Simplex 125cc 5 speed build after reading one of your previous posts.
Will you be marketing the rear disk conversion as a kit? There would be interest in it I feel. Rick C.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
G'day Pat,
what a great way to finish off the Sportsman 200 with the electric's,beautiful Tank,disc and a nice looking colour code ,sure look's tame with the cruiser look on,
What another great bike in your stable's,