Buyers Beware of MotorBicycleRacing

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I wont go into every single detail but I ordered a motor and some motor parts from MotorBicycleRacing/Neil Senior. I had to sent him a personal check for $205 because it was the one of the few ways he would accept payment. My check cleared the bank on July22, 2014. It is now it the 19th of Aug and he still has not shipped the motor or parts. He also will not reply to any of my attempts to contact him via email, via the phone or via pm's on this forum.

Right now I am pretty sure he plain and simple stole $205 from me.

Signed
Robert Brown
Bloomington IL

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I hope you get your engine and parts soon. I have been in a similar situation a few times.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
sorry to here that. I always use pay pal!! if you stay with this hobby you will do a lot of purchasing over the internet. with paypal you could file a claim against a vender.. that way you get your parts or your money back.. hope you get your stuff

glennbo

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I would have to concur... Neil might have some 'quirks', but I don't believe he's a thief... I would guess something happened, or he's out of the country?(or maybe he doesn't have it in stock yet)?

Keep trying to contact him (& keep us posted). :rolleyes:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Call him. He's a phone guy.

He's paranoid of Paypal, which will severely limit his business model.
I'm the exact opposite with business but for just a small operation things happen and get delayed no matter what you do.

PayPal has been great to me since before e-Bay bought them and my preferred way to pay but not so sweet to get money with a ~3,5% commission depending on amount but better than no electronic $ transfer.

I don't want retail stores having my CC info, they get hacked, PP has remained an impenetrable data system despite hack efforts for a long time.

I kind of hate the phone too...

Verbal transfer of technical information is best done in text you can read in a couple of seconds opposed to someone talking for half an hour on the phone to you about it, to me anyway but hey I'm lazy ;-}

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Trust me this is serious or I wouldn't post it here. This is the second motor I have bought from Neil. The first on was this winter and took 3 months to get. He said it was supply issues. Well okay. No harm. It was winter.

This time however I let him know up front I was in a hurry for the motor. He swore he had everything in stock ready to ship. He said send him a check and he would send the motor. He got my check. He even sent me an email saying the check had arrived. The check posted on my account July 22nd.

A week pasted and still no motor or parts, I sent him and email and got no response. So after 11 days and still no motor, I call him and ask him for a tracking number. He says he hasn't shipped the motor or parts yet. What the heck? That was Aug 2nd. He promised that he would ship it that day it was already packed and ready to go.

Since that time I have tried numerous ways to contact him. I have left him no fewer that a dozen phone messages! NO RESPONSE. NO MOTOR OR PARTS.

Even if something has come up he had plenty of time to ship the motor between the time he got the check and the time I was able to get him to answer the phone. There is no excuse for me not having what I paid for and what he agreed to do.

Today is Aug 20th and he has my money and I have nothing. How is this not thief?

Robert Brown
Bloomington IL.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
He shouldn't cash a check before shipping really. Sure there could be problems but that isn't one of em is it?
Not a good idea to call someone a thief though...I'd refrain from that

Last edited:

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
BTW.....I have no problem at all with him cashing the check and making sure it clears the bank. I expect that. He should know that he has been paid for his product and all shipping cost. I wouldn't have any other way.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Could be many things...health probs, supply delays,personal crisis, etc etc. Kinda soon to drag someone's name through the mud is all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with cashing the check and not shipping though... But he would need to make sure its good also. Tough call

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
It's customary to cash a personal check before any company ships. It has to be that way. So many fraudsters out there.

I'm guessing he's out of the country. Maybe left for a family emergency.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I guess I didn't explain it well enough. I talked to him on the phone well over 10 days after the check had CLEARED the bank and he had not shipped the motor and parts yet.

He was not busy to go deposit the check in his bank. However for whatever reason he still had not shipped the motor and parts. HIS words not mine!!!!!!

Buyers Beware!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I had this once with gasbike. Ordered a pipe and got a shipping notice. No product for 6 weeks. Long boat from China eh?

No response, no cancel possible, just sit and wait. By the time it got to me I didn't need it anymore. Sold it for a loss.

I will never ever buy anything from gasbike again. That's my answer to unacceptable behavior, you get no more business forever.

Me thinks that you will eventually get product. Just not as fast as you were expecting.

Good luck!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The anxious parts buyer is always right....everyone is a thief until they get their parts laff laff laff

These posts crack me up and are a dime a dozen..........relax and lighten up Mr. Brown, it happens to us all.

Human beings being human beings....honestly.

HELLO rotfl

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi brown!

Bummer about the seller problems. Been there done that. Now I only use Ebay, Amazon, and Pay Pal. These people at least answer their phones and will do an investigation on your behalf. They don't play around with bad sellers, a seller is given a choice when they are doing something dishonest. Make it right or your banned from selling forever. Hope things work out for you.

Dave
AssembleThis

:-||

Status
Not open for further replies.