New sticky idea

GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Hey guys,

This is the shake here with an all new super impressive and awesome idea. I was thinking that we could have a sticky thread up in general that was called "Compendium of Motorized-bikes"

Allright, past the title it has a description that says, "Place a picture of your COMPLETED builds here, Leave a brief description of your bikes frame, forks, motor and any other parts, don't get to wordy about it! If you want, go ahead and post a link to your build thread, this is a place for pictures of completed builds."

Here is a suggestion for how it should work.

The "Onyx"

Frame: "Onex" found @ Wal-mart 149.99
Engine: "2012 Grubee skyhawk GT5" found online 159.99-219.99
Front shocks: "Two-Nine" found @ Wal-mart 219.99
Build thread: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=49193

Now I know what you may be thinking "what's the point of the thread besides eye candy?"

Well, there are several purposes and to name a few;

1)Advertising- You see people can post some sweet builds here just to show what they are capable of.
2)Pricing- With a thread like this a person can look at a bike and if it appeals to them then they can get a good idea of what it would cost for them to build one like it.
3)Inspiration- All the time people are coming up with cooky ideas and some of them are really good but they get buried ina sea of old posts, some never to be seen again. This is an effort to keep those builds easily visible.
4)Linkability- A link to show friends or potential customers so they can see what's out there and be a little better informed and so that potential customers can see that "some of these builds aren't cheap"

I'm sure you all can think of a couple more good reasons but I'll leave this thread at that. I hope to see this sticky soon!

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hey guys,

This is the shake here with an all new super impressive and awesome idea. I was thinking that we could have a sticky thread up in general that was called "Compendium of Motorized-bikes
It's a great idea that's been tried a few times, the issue being they always derail (usualy quickly) & staff is reluctant to delete posts that aren't in violation of our rules... sure we can give it another try though - I would strongly reco only pics & links to build threads in such a thread with a mention that anything else would be reported.

As with anythin' - make one & see how it goes, stickies come later ;)