Pirate Cycles sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

feltcruiser

Mar 29, 2012
Michigan
Ok, so I'm in the middle of a build, and even though I can't get through to Pirate Cycles, I am going to do something stupid...... like order the sprocket adapter online, without getting my question answered.

So can anyone tell me if the Pirate Cycles rear sprocket adapter will fit my sprocket that I got from DAX??? It is a 9 hole (for a rag joint). It appears that Dax is one of the few vendors using 8mm chain, so I am going to have to use this sprocket...... If it doesn't fit, I will have to use up another favor at my buddies machine shop.

Thanks in advance.
Keith
brnot

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
I bought the sprocket, adapter, and the KMC industrial 415 chain from them. The sprocket is much better then the stock one. To answer your question about the 9 hole sprocket it will not fit unless you can drill very precise holes. Id skip it and buy their sprocket and chain too it is fantasic quality period... I was just looking at the pirate site to buy a front sprocket too. Quite a difference between good and perfect :)

feltcruiser

Mar 29, 2012
Michigan
Well I guess we will be drilling holes in my sprocket...... BTW How would I get a front sprocket that would fit the DAX gear box, if I did want to change over to a 415 chain???? The shaft on the DAX box was slightly over 1/2 inch (about 5.25" if I remember right)
Thanks
Keith

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
As I understand it the small sprockets can be used for the 415 chain you just can not the 415 sprockets for the smaller chains.

Drinlling those holes perfectly will be a challange with out some sort of machinist tools and skill. You wont get it right with a hand drill :)

As far as the question I am not sure look around online I am sure they are out there. Click on the sponsers here on the site and look around.

Otherwise I am really kinda new to this too and ya may want to wait on more experienced opinions regarding the larger question you ask ...

Last edited: