starting my first build, need opinions.

GoldenMotor.com

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
I am planning on starting my first build within a week or two. this is what I have in mind. I may use a disc brake up front. Micargi Royal Chopper with an 9.4hp franco morini, no pedals, and 17" moped wheels. Whatcha think?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum.
Check your local laws regarding 'no pedals'. Removing them technically makes it a motorcycle and some municipalities frown on that. Otherwise sounds like an ambitious project. Keep us posted.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Ditto what 2door said. The peddles are how we get by with no insurance nor tags= no harrasement and fees. When there isn't a monthly or yearly bill just for taxes and such it makes it a whole lot more fun.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
That will make a killer engine though. If you do decide to keep it a "bicycle" you could route your chain underneath the engine. thats what I'm going to try to do with my briggs chopper anyway. just an idea.

fullonwar

Feb 9, 2010
California
It is a LIFAN 125cc. 4 speed 4up semi manual. The only thing I don't like is having to go through first to get to nuetral. 24mm mikuni and de-baffled pipes. It pushes 65mph. I love my cub!