over the winter performance mods

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
heres just a couple things i,ve been doing to my 97cc 4stroke lifan over the winter

1 - i fabbed up a stainless steel exaust
2 - shows the baffle with slits cut in on the band saw
3 - the baffle tube after hammering in the baffles
4 - the ported adapter plate i made to fit a MR GASKET chromed air filter
5 - the air filter

the baffle will be wrapped with fiberglass , and still needs the flange welded on to fit the inside of the exaust pipe .
i will post a video later of the exaust sound , with and without the baffle .

feel free to post pics of your winter work here , i love to see what you guys are doing .

Attachments

KClowlife

Jan 1, 2010
Kansas City
I don't have a bike set up yet. So please excuse my stupidity.

Do the baffles slide inside of the muffler in image 1? How did you get them to stay if so. I'm guessing a weld, but like I said I have no experience.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
yes the baffle slides into the exaust pipe , the baffle tube will be wrapped tight with fiberglass insulation , and there is a flange that still needs to be welded onto the baffle to fit the inside of the exaust pipe . once inside the exaust pipe a single screw will hold it in .

KClowlife

Jan 1, 2010
Kansas City
awesome. thanks for info. I had a stainless exhaust on my Yamaha in the 90s. It blued after a while due to the heat but I always thought it looked quite cool.

So did you slap on an stock exhaust initially, it rusted out and you get rid of it or are you doing this mostly for aesthetics, cabin fever or what?

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
my original exaust was made of steel pipe and pipe fittings , i even had one setup as a dual exaust , one on each side , but all the fittings were pretty heavy ,

just tested the baffle , man it works awsome ,

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Nice work on that exhaust pipe and baffle! Good to hear it worked out with positive results.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i,m currently making a dummy air scoop for the top of my engine .
i,m making it out of a chromed 4 inch rolled edge car exhaust tip .

it looks sweet on top of the motor ( looks like a blower )

i cut the back end of the exhaust tip off ( where its reduced to fit a 2 inch pipe )
and welded a big soup ladle to the back for the rounded look .

it will have a function ( to cool the top of the cylinder head ) and i,m going to fab up a working butterfly valve for the ultimate cool look .

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Here's some pics of my soup ladle blower .
its just a dummy , its only there to add 50hp to the look .

1 - exhaust tip with end cut off and soup ladle tacked on
2 and 3 - pics of it sitting were i,m going to put it

After i make the flange to attach it to the top , i will cut out the bottom portion of the exhaust tip so that it will cool the top of my motor .
And it will have a working butterfly valve hooked up , so it will look super cool when ya twist the throttle .

Attachments