79cc predator mounting angle

GoldenMotor.com

58er

Jun 14, 2015
Michigan
does anything special have to a 79cc harbor freight motor to mount it so the cylinder is straight up other than intake and leveling of carburetor?
like removing low oil sensor.....etc.
thanks

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
You wanna make sure the oil dipper is still dipping in oil,so a different amount will be needed...I think a few more ounces on that one...not sure.
I'd also lose that pipsqueak carb and replace with a slide type..maybe 16mm

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Remove the low oil sensor. Plug the hole with a nut & bolt.

Remove ALL of the governor parts. remove the nylon gear, lever, etc. from inside the crankcase. Plug the lever hole with a bolt.

We run PZ 19 carbs on them. Big performance increase.

58er

Jun 14, 2015
Michigan
will the governor still work if not removed? just curious.
can the low oil sensor just be unplugged?
thanks

Dulcijo

Aug 25, 2014
North Carolina
I have been running a predator straight up for several hundred miles. I threaded and put an oil plug in the oil outlet commonly blanked. I unhooked the governor from the throttle but nothing really inside the crank case and she will wind til she blows up I think. I put a regular 2 cycle kit carb on the predator and it works real good. I never would have thought I could run that engine straight up like that for so long and had such good results.

Attachments

58er

Jun 14, 2015
Michigan
Bought 79 cc engine. Tore apart but noticed with the cylinder mounted vertical. The oil fill hole that would normally be pointing up ( or in the top at this mounting angle) is not drilled out and tapped.
Any ideas?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I didn't have that problem with the 212 but I think you're gonna hafta drill and tap