white wire power boosters

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
It's a black box with red and black wires coming out one side and a white and black wire coming out the other... I can really see the demand for something like this... as soon as I figure out what it's supposed to do...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah, I was pretty sure that's what it was for but your link only showed a picture of it, and by its self it's anyone's guess what it does without seeing the rest of that thread... I will look at it more in the swap meet to see more about it...

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i should be getting the cigarette sockets by friday I hope I have three of the ones with out the socket ready for sale if your interested or anyone else ill usr paypal for the transaction that way were all covered

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Will this work on the 4 stroke motors?
BTW: if I were selling an electronic device such as this, I would use longer wires, clean up the ends, and picture it on something other than a torn up paper towel. Maybe even add a fuse. As is it just looks kind of cheesy. Just saying!

Last edited:

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I don't think it will work on the 4 strokes. The white wire on the 2 stroke motors is actually an additional winding on the mag coil. The 4 strokes don't have that. What this box actually does is take the 6v from the white wire on the 2 stroke mag coil and bumps it up to 12v. I'm not sure, but guessing the circuit inside the box has a resistor or two so it doesn't steal spark from the engine. Also DRBS, if you checked the amps with a multimeter while the bike was idling, maybe even got the back wheel off the ground and gave it a little gas, it will most likely produce more amperage when the engine is under load. It will most likely go up from one amp to two, possibly even three amps. It should charge a 1.2Ah SLA battery nicely.

Last edited: