Twisted Moped

GoldenMotor.com

October_V

Oct 31, 2008
Alaska
Here's my Twisted Moped from Firebikes. Still in the process of getting the motor mounted proper. Fun bike to ride, as long as it's not up hill.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
that sure is a lot of spokes! are you going with the rubber donuts to mount the sprocket or are you going with a hub adapter?

October_V

Oct 31, 2008
Alaska
I stumbled on a hub adapter from live Fast Motors, that got me excited because the wheels i have are being trouble.
I would love to keep the 144 spoke rims I have just for the looks.
How many hub adapter choices are there? My kit came with the cheesey rubber mounts.
I may have to resort to a more conventional rear wheel just to finish the build.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think you can keep the 144 rims & just pry the spokes apart to fit the bolts through for the stock sprocket... I saw someone else who had a motorized bike with 144's, that must have done that!!! ;)

October_V

Oct 31, 2008
Alaska
I was thinking that with the clam shell sprocket adapter kit from Live Fast, I could disassemble the wheel, put the adapter on the hub and then have the wheel relaced.
That would cost a few bucks but it would be stronger, better built, and balanced I am sure.
Then hope I can run the bolts between the spokes.