Caught in the rain

GoldenMotor.com

tesjpurple

Jan 31, 2012
Omaha Nebraska
Got caught in the rain on a 3 hour ride, next day the bike died, after it died I had no spark, and I have replaced the magneto, CDI, and plug.

Before I got caught in the rain it had always preformed very well though it ran poorly after about an hour of riding in the rain and when I got home the air filter was soaked and splattered with oil so I removed the filter to clean it to notice water in the carburetor.

The bike has about 600 miles on it, it is a flying horse 66/88 cc engine, I have spark, I am getting fuel to the plug, I have replaced the muffler with a new one (including gasket), and I am at a loss as to why it will not run. I have disconnected the kill switch and know that the wires are wired correctly and they appear to have a good connection.

In addition I had no problem with oil dripping from the exhaust manifold prior to getting caught in the rain though had massive amounts of oil spattered all over the engine by the time I got home. I am using 5 ounces of oil per gallon of fuel.:-||

Ciro

Jun 18, 2012
Hot Springs, Arkansas
I would clean the entire carb instead of just draining it and pull the head cover off and check the rings, piston and cylinder wall for standing water or defects.

Last edited: