Multispeed Dual free wheel setup ?

GoldenMotor.com

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
This is a question that I haven't found an answer to yet and it seems like a can of worms trying to figure it out to me.

So... what parts would be needed and are avialable to make a true dual free wheel on a 4 stroke setup? I see the HD Wheel has possiblies if one was gaurenteed that a casset would screw on to the odd ball Chinesse threads and a smaller sprocket than a 44t was offered. It also looks like Blowbyu has something but he is not doing busiiness right now. I sure would appreciate someones help on this. :-||

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Problem with a flip flop hub is both threads are for right side drive. If you want to run freewheels on both sides you will need a dual drive. Profile also made the Bi-Drive rear hub, which allows the use of both a left and a right side drive free wheel.

Profile Drive-Bi Rear Rear Hub ? Reviews, Comparisons, Specs ? BMX Rear Hubs - Vital BMX
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/images/prod_3992.jpg

I also think Haro made a hub along these lines. But since both of these hubs are no longer made your going to have to prowl ebay and amazon for them.

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
Can't use a flip-flop hub. Even if you can put the freewheel on backwards so it functions as a LHD freewheel, it will simply unscrew from the hub. There is no way to secure the freewheel to prevent it from unscrewing that will also allow you to unscrew it if you need to repair/rebuild the wheel.

You need one of these hubs:
Rear 36 Hole 14 gage Hub Left and right hand threads
and a LHD freewheel.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Can't use a flip-flop hub. Even if you can put the freewheel on backwards so it functions as a LHD freewheel, it will simply unscrew from the hub. There is no way to secure the freewheel to prevent it from unscrewing that will also allow you to unscrew it if you need to repair/rebuild the wheel.

and a LHD freewheel.
Glad to see some one is still making a dual drive hub.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois

and a LHD freewheel.
Okay, would you use one of these on the Stanton hub to arrive at a sprocket size then? Wish Stanton made the larger freewheel sprocket for it. He has some small ones that would fit right on.

5 Hole Flange LEFT HAND thread freewheel - sprag clutch