Honda GX100 VS the Q Matic

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hi guys. I've settled on getting a honda GX100 from Small Engine Warehouse and want to run a Q Matic with it. My question involves the drive shaft length. 2 and 19/64ths vs 1 and 5/8 inches for the GHX50. Both are keyed 5/8 diameter. Would I have to shorten the drive shaft on the 100cc to make the Q Matic work??? And if so; how would you go about doing that without disassembling the motor ? Thanks in advance.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Take strip of papper and rap the shaft. when the papper lines up mark it with felt marker you will have a nice straeight line to fallow with a hacksaw..........Curt

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
! Who knew it could be this easy! Thanks.
That's not the easy way.....use an angle grinder with a thin cut-off wheel, thats the easy (only) way!

I've done this to plenty of drive shafts that needed to be shorter for the Q-Matic and such.....you gotta do what needs doing and you can do it with the engine mounted in the bike, no prob.

dnut

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Scotto!! Actually; I had nasty visions of having to pull out the crank and have it machiened in a lathe. THEN I got to thinking ( always ill advised ) Just bolt down the motor. Start the motor; and let a hack saw blade to the work on the rotating shaft. Marked of course...