Peashooter inspired

GoldenMotor.com

DEVILSorchard

Jan 1, 2015
Calgary
I'm building two bikes inspired by the Harley Davidson peashooter and lesser known Harley CAC. This is a project or two that's been on my mind for a long time untill I stumbled upon this site and some of Lurkers builds and sportscarpats Flyers and suddenly I'm sourcing out parts. These are going to be registered as motorcycles and not speed limited.

This is a frame I built up for a sportster engine that I've been very happy with for both handling and comfort so I'm going to use its basic dimensions in regards to seat / peg / handlebar locations relative to each other but knock it down from a 62" wheelbase to around 52" and use some curved tubing to hug the engine and hopefully make it look less small filling a tighter frame.

To get this project started I'm going to need some wheels. For this I went with worksman wheels and some cheap Ebay disc brake hubs I've drilled out for 12G spokes. I will be running the drive sprocket on the disc brake mounts and Ive picked up some freewheel adapters to run the rear brake disc. It was a bit of a gamble ordering these worksmans with shimano freewheels hoping the spokes would be equal length and fit the hubs that where slightly larger. Everything worked out fine and I have at least one set to get the frame started.

DEVILSorchard

Jan 1, 2015
Calgary
You can have him.

He was sitting there the whole time laughing as he watched just waiting till I needed the spoke nipple he'd stolen a few minutes prior. If you look close you can see the guilty look in his eyes.

Thanks for welcoming me to the board everyone. I was hoping to have some new pictures of the frame jigs I planned on using by now but I'm having some compressor issues that are holding up a few other projects before I can hit these full force.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome, your frame looks amazing & I'm signing on to this build. More photos which include the cat...my calico is guarding her new motor as I post this. You have a good plan going yet that big frame calls small v-twin to me.

DEVILSorchard

Jan 1, 2015
Calgary
Welcome, your frame looks amazing & I'm signing on to this build. More photos which include the cat...my calico is guarding her new motor as I post this. You have a good plan going yet that big frame calls small v-twin to me.
That frame holds a Evo sportster engine. It was just a sneak peak photo of the direction was planning for these bikes I'm building.

This bike is a 98 sportster. I used a led sled weld on hardtail on the factory frame then slightly raked it and extensively reworked everything to fit the pogo seat post, EL knucklehead tank and fenders and blend the lines to bring it all together. I should have built a new frame it would have been way easier. Thats how these two Im building came to be, just that next progression in my hobby.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Well you dead nailed the lines on the hard tails....shortened to 52" ought to be about right. RC