Evolution of rust; a bear naked Coupe De Ville.

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ordered some really cool looking tires from the Netherlands, no idea the wait on this. I have never ordered from Europe. In the past its taken 4-10 days on orders from China.

Total charge : 88.36 EUR postage paid to Washington State.

From amount $114.81 USD To amount €91.45 EUR
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.796591 EUR

Some how there must be a commission because no explanations on how €88.36 EUR becomes €91.45 EUR

http://www.chopperdome.com/

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Labrat,

There's probably a charge somewhere along the line for exchanging the U.S. dollars to Euros. I see that sometimes when I exchange Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars on a site. Their bank charges them.

Steve.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Postage is usually very good from the Netherlands. At one time I was buying a lot of Lego from there.
Odd you should say that. The postage on the tires was more than the tires. But I am ok with it. Total bill was acceptable. Partly because I know no one in my town will have a pair. And the other part is just because I think they look great....

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ok just so anyone reading this... it went down like this. A random thought escapes my head.

It was right about now
Those sick ass tires arrived from the Netherlands I was inspired. What a nice tire!

What I didn't tell you all is.......
I felt a bit put or that the tires didn't widen out more. < Google, Hit the boards, ask around more>

Findings: The standard beach curser rim just is not wide enough to make this type of tire sit flat and wide. Like you might see in an add.

Right about now a bit latter my research indicated a plethora of wide tire options coming out of the Netherlands and Germany. Rims oh yes Polished aluminum 65 or 80mm wide! Swing or wider swing swing!

Right about now and still on going I am looking into rims for my next next build and wondering will it be 3" or 3.45 inches and this will require a non standard frame......

or will it ..... idk but I never say a Monark with a wide swing arm and a 4" tire.

Seeing in my head splitting the rear fender and making one deep and wide.

Those tires they do look amazing, they do! I cant wait to see how they feel. But that's latter because I have bikes and a flying machine to build. Yikes!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Here's a small piece of automotive history. In the 1980s, British Leyland made a Honda car under licence. It wore a Rover badge. Perhaps you can copy that and put it on the engine? That'll really confuse people.