let's try this again.... HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Okay,
I know i have already posted a HELP ME!!! thread, but no one (xpt. cabinfever) helped me.
So know i really need help. I have a old Mongoose, i am talking 15-20 yrs old. i am getting new tires today. any advice on mounting+ seting up the engine? usflgzpt

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Well when you say that you have a 15 to 20 yo mongoose, are you talking a freestyle bmx type or is it a mountain bike? A pic would be helpful.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Either an over the tire front or back setup I would say is best. I had a GT dyno with a homelite weedeater motor on and it did 45 before I blew my rings.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah once again, pain doing an in body motor. It would have to go above the back tire, you could set it up for the front tire to, but in my eyes that is ugly as h.e. double hockey sticks. If I were you I would build a full suspension in body bike using bits and pieces of both bikes. That is just what I would do though, not really what I'm advising you to do.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Weekend fun-

Don't post any more of that crap from YouTube...if it's not about motorized bikes, it doesn't belong here.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
What type of motor are you wanting to put on it? A small chainsaw may be able to fit in the body, but there would be some serious mods most likely.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
srry joe. but what do you mean by "full body supision" like morph them??
Like hack them into bits and build your own bike from the ground up using the parts. I would basicaly build a small dirtbike with it, try to save the plastics and stuff for astetics but basicaly build your own frame.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
ohh. that would bee cool. :0 i MIGHT try that.

chainsaw. thanks. I am not a good mechanic, so i might want to sell or salavage it.
on craigslist i found a old stingray for 15$. I probally is rusty, but might work.
i think i should get a newer version (brand new schwinn stingray)
wah do u think?