Clutch won't disengage! STUCK IN NEUTRAL!

GoldenMotor.com

Nerevar

Oct 9, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
I just got my engine back. Had it to the machine shop to get broken studs removed and new ones put in for the rear engine mount. When I got it back the clutch won't disengage, and it's making a grinding noise.

I took the clutch cover off and what I saw is in the attached images. The closeup image is with the spring removed.

Anyone know what's wrong? What parts I need? Also I looked at the inside of the clutch cover and it was all scraped up... it appears that the spring was rubbing against the cover. I don't know how the clutch works exactly so I don't know how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks... I know SOMEONE here knows what to do!

Justin

Attachments

Nerevar

Oct 9, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Ummm, what is that sitting at the bottom of the frame tubes in the first photo...It looks like the pressure plate.

Jim
Yeah, that's it alright... it got stuck there under the engine somehow and i couldn't find it. Ehhh... it's been a long work week.

Now I have a few new problems.

1. What is the correct way it is supposed to go together? Does someone have an exploded image of the clutch so I could get it put back right and properly adjusted?

2. Where could I get a new star nut if it needs to be replaced?

Thanks for the help!

Justin

Nerevar

Oct 9, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
wow, thanks Jim... that was EXACTLY what I was looking for. You didn't just make that image up did you? You're pretty good if you did. Anyway got the clutch together and its working properly finally.