Help with adjusting throttle (can't go faster then 24 mph)

GoldenMotor.com

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
I'm not sure why but my bike is topping out at 24 mph and I can't go faster, yet I'm not sure how to or if I can adjust the throttle. I have a 2-stroke engine.

Any tips on how to get my bike to go faster?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Ron. If she is just breaking in, I would wait before doing too much. Also, what size wheels and sprocket do you have? 24 MPH at top-end is a lil low, but might work it self out if not broken in and some minor adjustments later. Also, is your choke off? Just some thoughts.

Dan

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
they go faster after break in,i was doing 20mph and now im doing 32mph and im still half way in break in.but i like to cruise at 20mph anyway.if you have anything smaller than a 26" bike you will be slower by alot.is your gastank higher than carb? do you have a airleak?too much oil in your gas?these will effect your speed.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not sure why but my bike is topping out at 24 mph and I can't go faster, yet I'm not sure how to or if I can adjust the throttle. I have a 2-stroke engine.

Any tips on how to get my bike to go faster?
Yep... finish breaking in the engine first, & make sure you have plenty of oil in the gas!
If you're still having problems after that, bring it down Venice & I'll get it going real fast for you!(^)
dnutdnutdnut

Ron-P

Jan 21, 2009
Surf City, CA
HaHaHa...Venice Boy!

I've got about 100 miles on my bike now so I've got to be close to being through the break-in period. The thing is, it used to go faster, upwards of 30. Currently I'm running about a 32:1 mix. I tried a heavier oil mix (20:1 or there-about) and found I was spitting to much oil out of the air filter and leaking out of the carb.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yeah i meant 26" wheels,but if you went faster like 30mph or so and now you can only do 24mph.thats a whole diffrent story.maybe your muffler clogged?sparkplug dirty?
airfilter dirty?did you check where the throttle cable goes in the top of carb- try putting tape around that,sometimes the cable comes out a little instead of pulling carb slide.

Last edited: