Jaguar is Finished

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's been a couple of questions about the lights used on the Jag. The headlight is from a 70s vintage battery powered emergency egress light. The kind used in commercial buildings to illuminate an area during a power failure. It is a 6 volt, 20 watt sealed beam. The tail light is an aftermarket hot rod item which was originally 12volt. I simply changed lamps. Power for both is provided by a 6 volt, 6.5 amp hour SLA (sealed lead acid) battery. When I took the first pictures of the finished bike I had not yet installed the battery because I was in the process of fabricating a plexiglass box to house it. It mounts under the seat just behind the lay-back seat post and a small rocker switch is used to switch the lights on/off. I tried to run the tailight from the white wire but in tests I could discern a slight rpm drop with the light on so I opted to use the battery instead. I've tested the run time and can get a full hour of good light from both lamps on the battery and that's enough for the amount of night riding I typically do. I use a small trickle charger to keep the battery charged. Hope this answers your questions and thanks again for all the kind words.
Tom

Last edited:

ShawnMac

May 7, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
Tom, I'm very impressed with your ride.

I just bougth a Jag yesterday that I'm planning on doing up for her. Where did you get the paint? Is it spray bomb? If so what brand / color; it looks to match perfectly?

Is your exausht pipe chromed or just polished?

thanks!