Jaguar is Finished

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This took a lot longer than it should have but the weather made painting hard and I the natural gas prices too high to keep the garage heated. But, the Jag is finally finished and it is sweet on the road. It is comfortable...My old Halloween Gal rattles my teeth even with a springer front fork but this Jaguar is as smooth as...well, a Jaguar should be. The Dax 80 runs way better than I could have hoped for, started the first time before I got to the end of the driveway and has more power than I'll ever need. I'm real pleased with my custom exhaust. It's quiet and directs the fumes out back and away from me and my pants. All in all, I'll consider this a keeper and a success. Hope you like it.
Tom

Attachments

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Hey, I wasn't done. laff

Glad to hear that about Dax's 80. I just got mine in yesterday. I'll probably start on my PB this weekend. I like that exhaust. I gotta figure out a way to reroute mine as well, or find someone who sells one of those long exhaust pipes. I think maybe Spooky had them? Someone also used galvanized electrical flex tubing. That's doable. I don't do welding so it's clamps and header tape. :D I'd use duct tape, but it'll melt and make a mess. rotfl

Something to think on. How come these engines and packing smell.......Chinese. I opened the box and thought I was shopping in Chinatown. For some reason, stuff imported from China always has that funky smell. I call it Chinese cause I've only smelled it in packages from China. What the heck is it? Pesticide? :eek:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey, I wasn't done. laff

Something to think on. How come these engines and packing smell.......Chinese. I opened the box and thought I was shopping in Chinatown. For some reason, stuff imported from China always has that funky smell. I call it Chinese cause I've only smelled it in packages from China. What the heck is it? Pesticide? :eek:

Grouch,
Thanks. My exhaust is 3/4" electrical conduit.
I don't know what they call it in China but the smell reminds me of Nouc Mau sauce they used in Vietnam. The mamasans used to put it on everything they ate, fish heads and rice especially. I think it might be in the cardboard the kits come in.
Tom

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Very Nice Tom! I really like the paint job. So many nice other touches to it. I like your exhaust alot better than the way my last one turned out. Those Jaguars make a nice MB. I built one and sold it to a guy here locally and he really likes it.
I just finished putting my last winter build on the contest site. It is going to be my keeper, along with the Silver bike I built for my wife.

Again Very Nice Job Tom!

John

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Tom! The attention to detail and every portion goes perfectly with the whole bike.

Really awesome build!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Really...Really, nice Tom!

The attention to detail in the paint work is awesome.

I love that pipe too! Jeff twisted my arm this week to hurry up and get a Jag kit done. I want to do a custom pipe for it that runs out the back, but I'm not sure if the shipping cost will prohibit including it in a kit.

Jim

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
Yum, that build looks good enough to eat. VERY nice job! It is pleasing to the eye at every angle. Your a great bicycle artist. Enjoy your ride.