Cvt Rack Mount

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: Belt Drive Cvt Trans Rack Mount Chain Drive Free

I was thinking of having two chains, one going from the engine to a welded on sprocket on the clutch part of the CVT, and then another chain going to the sprocket on the wheel, probably to tricky for me to undertake right now, but it sure sounds nice.
Was thinking the same thing Kid. Bolting CVT backing plate onto the chain stay. Would work fine and as it would be pulled/pushed, would want to stay in place.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh

oooh that is an issue, you would need a much lighter spring in the torque converter, and maybe heavier centrifugal weights. hmmmm could always just stick to the good o'l jackshaft.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state

Hey Neat times, lay off the caps lock's bro. it feels like your yelling at all of us :)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

SORRY ABOUT THAT, NEVER thought about it. just is easier reading for me. i hope i can still learn. thanks for the tip commander. i was outside measuring frt forks. i think i will start with the salad fork, try the hydraulic later. again, thanks for the interest people. i have a bunch of ht rubber mt sprockets, would be cheaper, but i like the freewheel so much. i think the cvt and motor things i have are too wide for a in frame mt, and would still line up for rite hand drive. ron

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state

No problem Neat, I wasn't even sure you were aware of what the caps lock meant ? But I love most of your post's your very knowledgeable with small engines and bikes.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Hi People (Dolls & Guy`s) My Custom Made Left Hand Thread Die Came Today. Hopefully I Can Now Cut Lefthand Threads On The Left Side Of Rear Wheel Hubs And Maybe Some Front Wheels. Now I Can Make My Cvt Build A Left Side Pedal With Freewheel. The Hub Is 2 To 3 Thousands Over Size, The Paint May Be That Thick. Got My Fingers Crossed. Now what way do i turn it?? ha ha Later Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

What Fair said. Looking forward to seeing you getting her done.

Getting a CVT to work, good job Ron. I had all but given up on the idea.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Ok, I Have One Threaded, I Used A Spare Wheel For Practice. It Turned Out Useable. I Checked A Few Days Ago For A Machine Shop The Could Swing A 26 Wheel In Their Lathe, No Luck. As The Hubs Are A Bit Over Size I May Have To Install The Wheel In A Friction Drive And Spin The Wheel To File The Hub Down A Bit ( A 49cc 2 Cycle Lathe! Ha Ha ) Here Is A Pic Of The Threaded Wheel With A Left Hand Thread Free Wheel Sprocket. I Think The Die Is Going To Work Fine. Next I Will Build A Front Wheel Drive Cvt Belt System With The Free Wheel. Who Had The Dual Powered Mab?? Was It Lf?? Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Took The Cvt For A Ride Thru The Woods Today With The Newly Installed 52cc Big Bore Kit Engine. What A Difference, Have Not Got The Pedals Hooked Up Yet And Weigh About 285, Out Performs My Hopes. Will Take It On The Blacktop Tomorrow. Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

awesome Ron. Update ASAP. Amazing build.

(Always knew it was you with the caps and kinda mis 'em)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Dan, I Have To Laugh, The Caps! Yrs Back I Bought My First Off Shore Boat, Very Used Of Course! My Fishing Partners Would Always Fill My Coffee Cup And Say: Need Anything Else "captain Ron" And Laugh Like School Girls. One Day I Asked Whats With This Captain Ron Shi! ? I Had Not Seen The Movie, So They Bought Me One. Your Post = Ron & The Caps Reminded Me. I Want To Put A Cvt On My Stretch But Keep All Those Spokes. I Think I Have To Many Ideas And Bicycles. Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Dan, I Have To Laugh, The Caps! Yrs Back I Bought My First Off Shore Boat, Very Used Of Course! My Fishing Partners Would Always Fill My Coffee Cup And Say: Need Anything Else "captain Ron" And Laugh Like School Girls. One Day I Asked Whats With This Captain Ron Shi! ? I Had Not Seen The Movie, So They Bought Me One. Your Post = Ron & The Caps Reminded Me. I Want To Put A Cvt On My Stretch But Keep All Those Spokes. I Think I Have To Many Ideas And Bicycles. Ron
LOL! My mentor, Capt. Foss. When I left the wheel or wheel house, (we sailed together on 3 boats) I would ask if he needed any thing. I meant coffee etc. He would reply take a **** for me. After a few yrs, I asked "how am I gonna do that?"

The SOB cupped his hands.

LOL, man I miss that guy. In a storm where no matter what, we waz gonna surly die, he was cracking jokes.

I would tell the South American working Girl story with the "IIeeeee Poppie Ceeeeee!" but would not be real good here. snork, (next day it was Iye Capie Cee, lol)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Yeh Dan. Yesterday When We Were Young!!
LOL, yes Sir. Dang good fun. .....and ain't over yet.

Carol and I will see you soon. I am working on the house boat. Not real purty but it will float!

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Rite After I Did The Build, I Posted To Large Fillipino That I Thought Of Him When Mentioning The 4 Wheel Cvt Build I Am Comtemplating. He Could Have His Dog Sitting Beside Him, Rather Than In The Back Dog Box Of His Trike Mab.
I See He Has Cvt Belt Drive Almost Finished On His Trike. Watch His Vid, He`s A Happy Camper For Sure. I Hope He Gets A Freewheel Setup, Mine Is Such An Improvement. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Update!! Ha Ha After Much Head Scratching And Dead Ends. Finally Think This Is A Good And Cheap Setup. Purchased Some Cheap Bb Kits, $3.66 A Kit. Use Only The Fully Threaded Sleeve On The Right Side In The Picture. It Couples The Two Freewheels Together. The .125" Spacer Between The Freewheels Keeps The Derailer From Hitting The Large Sprocket. The .062" Shim Between The Large Sprocket And The Wheel Hub Keeps The Freewheel Adapter From Screwing On To The Wheel to Far. So It Leaves Enough Inner Threads For Coupling The Freewheels. Had To Add Extra Axle Washer To Keep Pedal Freewheel Sprocket Off The Seat Stay. Should Still Have 3 Pedal Speeds With The Front Derailer. This Is A Cvt With The Dax Titan 4 Stroke. The Other 2 Stroke Cvt Is Still Together. They Are Identical Bicycles. Just Received The Bb Kits Today. The Shim Washers Are I 3/8" Id By 1 7/8" Od ( Perfect ) Mc Master Carr = 20 Shims For $25. Includes $5. Shipping. Ron >> >> cvlt1

Attachments

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado

NT let me pick your brain a bit here. My trike has the same CVT on the titan. I flipped my plate and use the jack shaft with the freewheel on the jackshaft.
Let's talk gearing.
Currently I have that 16T freewheel it rides nice but it seems too slow for me but I'm rather heavy right now. When my son gets on it it goes faster.
So yours is without jack shaft so your going with the same gearing as the stock 5:1 titan gearbox? Or did you reduce it?
I'm thinking my gearing is just too low and I can benefit better with the smallest sized sprocket to fit that jackshaft adapter and that would be a 14T.
Logan at the other place tells me to gear it to the high gear but when I did this it's too slow but I think my weight has a lot to do with it.
But maybe I should gear it towards the middle gear yes it's variable but like you know cruising speed 25 mph it has enough gearing to pull you to almost 40.
How is yours set up?