What about these Ebike Batteries?

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I hear they are good. The prices seem low until you see the shipping charges. High. Realll high. And I hear they take their sweet time so

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Their price for their 24v10ah lipo pack doesn't cost much more than replacement SLA bricks. I have not factored in shipping as K1107 said. They are about half the price of a Ping battery pack.
I would look for some more reviews on endless-sphere.com before ordering.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Just a FYI. I used BMS 3 times and on my last battery, they used a delivery company (TNT) and it cost me $200 in shipping alone. At first the shipping was $109 on the invoice but I got an email saying that FedEx will no longer ship their batteries so I would have to pay an additional $98 to use TNT. If you notice on there website, there is a shipping box that you can add to your cart. It's in one dollar increments. The funny part is TNT shipping tried to bill me for an additional $36. I told them I'm not paying the invoice because I've already paid my shipping through BMS. Personally, I like BMS and recommend them and I think they make the oem batteries for your bike. You should ask them if you can buy one from them. Also, find out if you need more than the 30-60 amp BMS. Make sure you tell them which one you need. (The 30-60 or the 50-100 amp BMS.)

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Their price for their 24v10ah lipo pack doesn't cost much more than replacement SLA bricks.
FYI

You can get two 12v 10AH batteries and run them in series for $40 shipped.

If I were going LiFePO4, I'd use Headways, Thundersky, or A123 cells. You really want to get the claimed number of cycles out of a pack for the amount that they cost.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just a FYI. I used BMS 3 times and on my last battery, they used a delivery company (TNT) and it cost me $200 in shipping alone. At first the shipping was $109 on the invoice but I got an email saying that FedEx will no longer ship their batteries so I would have to pay an additional $98 to use TNT. If you notice on there website, there is a shipping box that you can add to your cart. It's in one dollar increments. The funny part is TNT shipping tried to bill me for an additional $36. I told them I'm not paying the invoice because I've already paid my shipping through BMS. Personally, I like BMS and recommend them and I think they make the oem batteries for your bike. You should ask them if you can buy one from them. Also, find out if you need more than the 30-60 amp BMS. Make sure you tell them which one you need. (The 30-60 or the 50-100 amp BMS.)
My battery came separately from my bike. It was shipped from mainland China on TNT, and they sent me a bill for $36 too, saying something about customs charges.

I was thinking if I can't find a 72v battery pack in a size I like, I might buy two 36v packs and series them.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'm really glad the market for batteries is opening up. Please let us know sources we can add to our web site with our e-kits. Our business model currently does not include battery sales. Just to risky for a small cap company.

INITIAL Battery cost is the largest barrier to entry. Even if you ride a lot it may be unfair comparison to a gas bike - but the numbers can get interesting.

If you can get a $350 battery, that's ~100 gallons of gasoline @ $3.50/gal, $350. If that battery takes you 20 miles per charge and cycles 1000 times that's 20,000 miles. The gasoline at 50 mpg = 5000 miles, 100 mpg = 10,000 miles per $350

Obviously just thinking out loud and there is much more to it than this.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I was able to glom some pictures of the inside of a bomber battery. These type of cells are called Prismatic LeFePo4. Usually 3.2v per pouch.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
My battery came separately from my bike. It was shipped from mainland China on TNT, and they sent me a bill for $36 too, saying something about customs charges.

I was thinking if I can't find a 72v battery pack in a size I like, I might buy two 36v packs and series them.
I was wondering if you can run two 36 volt batteries in series?
Would it effect the BMS on both packs?
That blue shrink wrap looks familiar. My battery from BMS Battery looks the same. I did talk to someone from BMS and she said they do make them for your bike.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Biknut,
I'm not sure if you saw my battery before I painted it but it sure looks like yours....minus 24 volts! Haha

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I was wondering if you can run two 36 volt batteries in series?
Would it effect the BMS on both packs?
That blue shrink wrap looks familiar. My battery from BMS Battery looks the same. I did talk to someone from BMS and she said they do make them for your bike.
That blue shrink wrap seems common from a lot of manufacturers.

I think what we're probably looking at here is two 36v, 9 ah packs in series, parallel together making one 72v 18 ah battery.

I have very little understanding at this time about how the BMS is wired.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Each of the four individual packs above consist of 12 of these prismatic cells which I think are 3.2v, but not sure about that. That wouldn't add up to 36v, but might be right because my battery is only 72v when it's almost discharged. Hot off the charger it's about 87v.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
me to bikenut. I hope if someone does a build a motorized bicycle battery they do pictures and instructions. to dangerous for me to try not knowing what I am doing. its a lot of volts and anything over 36v is considered high voltage which can kill you

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Has anyony used VPower batteries and/or motors? The free shipping sure sweetens their deal, but are they any good?
Yes they are good. But, their 1000w kits draw up to 42 amps so you need a good battery and you have to waterproof the connections or they can short out and burn stuff up. Rain plus getting my bike knocked over about 10 time ruined my controller and battery pack( I was new to this stuff then) but the motor still works great. That was 3 or 4 years ago. Their hub motors and wheels are top notch( better than the golden motors hub and rim I had).
I have it on a Huffy cruiser but I still need a battery for it. I would recommend them because for the price they have really good stuff.