Question about exhaust/pipes?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Hi, RIght now i am losing power and burning alot of gas because the air is flowing too fast my cap fell off a few days ago? Would a chamber pipe give me power and fuel economy?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If the cap of a 2 stroke engine exhaust falls off it can damage the engine, they rely on back pressure from the exhaust to help keep the correct mixture in the cylinder. My guess is you are really lean and the engine is getting hot. At the very least replace the end cap or replace the exhaust, it might save your engine.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Might not hurt anything except your ears, because a stock china girl is jetted pretty rich from the factory. Losing you end cap would tend to lean out your tuning, which could possibly make it run better on the top end. Bottom end will suffer though because of reversion from the open end cap.

You'd have to check your plug to be sure, but you'll probably go deaf first, or one of your neighbors will shoot you if you live in Texas.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
If the cap of a 2 stroke engine exhaust falls off it can damage the engine, they rely on back pressure from the exhaust to help keep the correct mixture in the cylinder. My guess is you are really lean and the engine is getting hot. At the very least replace the end cap or replace the exhaust, it might save your engine.

Thank You I will fix it this week.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I can speak from experience here, the cap on the stock EPA black cat muffler on a GT5 Skyhawk with the CNS carb will mostly make it very loud and lean it out a bit.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Having trouble with the stock exhaust is probably the most common problem. 2 of my mufflers broke off at 30 mph and dove under my rear wheel, breaking some spokes at the same time.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If you don't attach the bottom end of the muffler to the frame the pipe will break sooner of later.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Never let it slip your mind, you can get seriously hurt on a motor bicycle in a heart beat.

pistolpetehulth

Jan 17, 2013
Richmond, VA
I lost the cap and baffles to my exhaust also so I bought a fender washer and had it welded to the end. Now my motor (66cc anglefire) runs okay but sounds super choppy. At mid to hi range rpms it sounds like a lawnmower. I want a smoother higher pitched tone but I'd rather just fix this than buy a new muffler.The glade airfreshner can method seems brillant. Is the flat surface of the washer at the end to blame? Is there a certain diameter hole for the endcap to provide back pressure? All advice would be greatly appreciated.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
I lost the cap and baffles to my exhaust also so I bought a fender washer and had it welded to the end. Now my motor (66cc anglefire) runs okay but sounds super choppy. At mid to hi range rpms it sounds like a lawnmower. I want a smoother higher pitched tone but I'd rather just fix this than buy a new muffler.The glade airfreshner can method seems brillant. Is the flat surface of the washer at the end to blame? Is there a certain diameter hole for the endcap to provide back pressure? All advice would be greatly appreciated.
Oh okay, I see yeah i was riding and it fail off if i would have stop i would have gotta the cap off the ground plus it was loud, so thursday im going to lowes too get some materials too fix it.