Gentleman, meet...."The Black Widow"

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well...after over 4 months of building, and at times, not having a clue...she runs! Fired right up the second try! I still have some some small adjustments and fine tuning, but she runs, and runs good! I'm so happy. My first custom build. I did it! Only thing left to finish is my custom kx60 exhaust. I'm so proud of myself! This is my fourth bike, but my first custom one from the ground up. On my way to a friends house she hit 31 on my garmin watch. I know it's legit cause its the same watch I run with. I'm an Adidas sponsored runner. I can't wait till she's broke in!

image.jpg

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Nice build, I bet that silicone air intake quietens it down a bit. Sorry to be a dick but i don't think that ram intake is going to do much... unless you reach speeds too fast for a bicycle (like 100kph) it's not going to do much if anything at all.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well...I ran it with the stock intake and with the intake in the pic. The intake in the pic had much better throttle response....I dunno. Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I could definitely tell a difference.....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That looks very nice. I like the red and silver highlights. Black is always the best color for a bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice job! The "ram air" won't do much, but the bigger better intake and filter will.

How'd you get a red chain? Is that something you can buy?

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
nice build! Can you explain the back sprocket and wheel/hub? Did you lace it up? what kind? and more pictures please.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well...I ran it with the stock intake and with the intake in the pic. The intake in the pic had much better throttle response....I dunno. Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I could definitely tell a difference.....
Sometimes an engine just likes something that shouldn't matter. I had a go kart with an old kohler flathead that would run like stink with a briggs muffler and was a pig with a straight pipe. Go figure.
Nice looking bike regardless.
Like the red chain.
*looks for spray paint*

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very very nice build, Mike. You have every reason to be proud of your efforts. Clean and simple but effective in every sense. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the build with us.

Tom