Subtle yet effective? Help me, I'm a noob.

GoldenMotor.com

Unbalanced

May 7, 2012
South Australia
So I've just bought a Schwinn Stingray and want to put an electric motor on it.
Don't want anything super powerful, just hoping for something that can have me cruising at around 40km/h, with a range of about 50+ kms.
I was really trying to do it all myself, but after looking at what seems like about 50 different kits available online I've got myself in an absolute fluster!
I want a kit that's fairly sleek in design because I don't want to ruin the cool look of the bike.

I don't know a single person who has used bicycle motors, especially not electric ones, so I don't even know what brands are trustworthy or anything.

What do people suggest??

One that has caught my eye:
https://electrictransportaustralia.com.au/index.php/Index/product/ca_id/2

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
On a stingray chopper, I would get a front hub motor. You usually buy the entire wheel with the hub motor in it. You have plenty of room in that frame triangle to carry batteries. Some guys mount the controller box on the front fork and it looks kool there. Since I'm in the states, I'm not familiar with the vendors down under.

Unbalanced

May 7, 2012
South Australia
I live in a bit of a valley, so its one bit of a hill to get out, but then its pretty much flat..

And front hub was definitely my intention. After talking more to one of the guys from the link I posted, he has given me a bit more insight into the motors and he thinks it would install onto the Stingray with no problems whatsoever..