Tyre & rims question

GoldenMotor.com

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Sorry for another newb question.
I bought these tyres
PR WHITE BICYCLE TIRES 26 X 2.125 BRICK TREAD FREE TUBE | eBay
The description says they fit rims from 1.75" up.
I was thinking about getting these mountain bike rims that Harry suggested, & getting them powdercoated to the colour i want.
ALEX DM24 26" Rim - Torpedo7
These rims are 32mm wide. Being that 1.75" is 45mm, would these Duro tyres fit up to these Alex mtb rims ok? or do I have to find 1.75" or wider?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Those tyres will be fine, i have those rims and i have wider tyres and they are fine. It just means the tyres profile is a little skinnier but taller.

I only suggested those rims as they were the cheapest high quality rim out there at the time i was looking...... On my Villiers build i have wider downhill rims that i bought as a complete secondhand singlespeed wheelset, but thats a rare thing on EBay. I cant recall the brand name of rim, but you will easily find wider downhill rims..... they will look better IMO but will cost you extra $$$$

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
ok cheers Harry, will keep looking.
Havent been able to find chrome rims yet, so might go for wider downhill rims once I find some
Good luck.... finding a wider downhill rim will be easy but im not sure a chrome one will. If you are set on chrome why dont you import the worksman then, or was it way too dear? And chroming a rim would be WAAAAYYYYY too dear id imagine???