HF Contest ...or any bike with a 4 stroke!

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi all
Just thought I would post this picture just because Tanner is so Darn cute this picture is only a few minutes old
SANY0152.jpg
Cheers every one
Terry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh Dan have you got your Clutch bell yet ???
Not yet Terry. Was gonna post some where how great your customer service is. Also really like the 4G. Was surprised at the torque. First time I had ridden one. Timing belt is some thing. Got me thinking about one for a HF. Would climb a tree. Not really sure why I keep trying to climb trees on a MB. Almost never works out well.

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Got this in an email from 2Dawgs, cracked me up;

"Dan,

This coveted honor is a lifetime dream. I will place my certificate next to my honorable mentions ribbon for "the least likely to roll" soapbox derby entry."

With every one's permission, would like to award these as prizes. 90º Inline Ignition Spark Checker They work really well and are easy to use. Big time, time saver.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is it too late.....for Harbor Freight? This build is coming right along....just waitin on a gearbox....

I'll have some more pics of this build tomorrow....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Scotto,
What engine mount is that? I'm getting an HF motor later this month for a winter build on a 51 cantilever Schwinn and will be needing a mount. I thought about making one, but if there's a ready made out there I'd rather just buy one. Is that all air filter at the back end of the motor? I've never seen one 'in person'.
SB

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto,
What engine mount is that? I'm getting an HF motor later this month for a winter build on a 51 cantilever Schwinn and will be needing a mount. I thought about making one, but if there's a ready made out there I'd rather just buy one. Is that all air filter at the back end of the motor? I've never seen one 'in person'.
SB
That is a really cheesy cheap 4-stroke platform (two piece) that I welded into position for that mounting. It wasn't really cheap in cost however, it was $20 from gasbikes.com I believe and came with no hardware. I'd opt for an EZM or Grubee platform as the are stronger and easier to adjust. The Grubee mount I've seen for $50....ouch!

And yes, that honkin' black thing is the air cleaner / choke combo, soon to be replaced with sumpin a little sleeker.

Last edited:

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Scotto,
Yes, I've seen better looking air cleaners. Do something neat and cheap that I can copy please. Ha! That makes for an expensive mount. Fifty bucks is a lot, especially considering the motor will be a little over eighty. Hmmmmm... something else to ponder.
SB

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto,
Yes, I've seen better looking air cleaners. Do something neat and cheap that I can copy please. Ha! That makes for an expensive mount. Fifty bucks is a lot, especially considering the motor will be a little over eighty. Hmmmmm... something else to ponder.
SB
Yes silverbear, a cheap and effective air filter is on the burner and if you like...copy away:D

Yeah it's hard to believe 50 bux for a good sturdy mount and the powerplant is less than $90....just doesn't seem right.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well, we'll just have to figure out a good sturdy mount to make out of.... something. I wonder if I could adapt one of my Leaping Tuna Air Cleaners to the HF. I have to get my hands on a motor so I can stare at it up close and personal. Jim Davis used one from a Whizzer, but that has to be gold plated unless you already have one. Cheap and works is good. And looks good.
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
For a mount on the riverside build, I used a pc of flat stock, 2 pcs of angle iron and 4 ubolts. Really great mount and rock solid. Think cost is around 20/30 bucks. Have a couple of the Grubee mounts around, they work. Never heard of the hoot/ezm ones failing. Just don't like the look

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
For a mount on the riverside build, I used a pc of flat stock, 2 pcs of angle iron and 4 ubolts. Really great mount and rock solid. Think cost is around 20/30 bucks. Have a couple of the Grubee mounts around, they work. Never heard of the hoot/ezm ones failing. Just don't like the look
Sounds similar to what I was picturing. I have some very thick aluminum plate which was part of a bleachers support piece and I was picturing angle and U bolts. Shouldn't be all that hard if it doesn't need to be a one size fits all. Just needs to fit the bike at hand. The mount holes could be adjustable, especially side to side for chain alignment. Thanks,
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks Paul! Our host also gave me permission to use "MotorBicycling.com" on certificates.

Still waiting on some folks addresses. [email protected]

Rest ship this morning. Sorry I am so far behind. Trying to tie up some lose ends with MB R&D while still have the weather and a ton of other lil things.

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Playing with the making certificates and will finish tomorow. Any thoughts or input are greatly appreciated!

Won't let me post em here, ARGGHHHHH. LOL, gota love the easy of this tech stuff.