HF Contest ...or any bike with a 4 stroke!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
happy.jpg I was just admiring Maxpower's HF build and thought it would be cool to have a friendly build off/contest sort of thing for HF engines. First prize (an only, snork) is a "Happy" car antenna topper. (one pictured in the thumb) Building another as well. I say we ask non participants to vote.

Here is my entry;

whisperdrivevid.flv video by dan3xd - Photobucket

.wee.

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I am in. What is the time limit as I am kinda slow? I plan a easyracer type recumbent with a shift kit type drive if I can pull it off.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ray, been meaning to call ya. I got an idea for a MB vid. You up for a ride any time soon?

i'm putting together a 4 stroke build, but it's using the 49cc china clone. probably not a lot of HF builds going on to make a contest.
Cam, I didn't think of that, my bad. Of course any builds are welcome! I will ask that the thread title be changed to reflect open 2 all engines, strokes and ideologies.

I am in. What is the time limit as I am kinda slow? I plan a easyracer type recumbent with a shift kit type drive if I can pull it off.
Dunno Elmo, what ya think? Kinda a ruff time of yr to do this. Every one is ridding. Hey, did you try either of those plugs yet? I'm curious if there is any sort of gain although I kinda doubt it. The gapping made a huge difference. Idles smooth as butter now.

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
2Dawgs, have you considered a pusher? I have not built one but folks rave about em and would be perfect for that large an engine and would make the gearing a snap. Barly any reduction if you use 10" wheels. Zsain built a bunch using hand trucks. They are awesome, screamin' fast and had cargo space.

LOL, sound like a used pusher trailer salesman, eh?

dnut

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
MotorNewsBoy Is In!

Need to finish that project, think I'll send the frame and bits out for PowderCoat this week.

The tank needs some attn b4 it's finished.

Front end is gonna be rediculous!

Lifan 98cc SideValver 2.5 hp, OpenDrive Chain JackShifter 7 spd Transmission, Worksman frame, Marzocchi front fork, hydraulic disc front, drum rear etc

Cheers!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, some great builds in this!

TS, used chicken wire instead of the stock air filter cover. Added a lil over a MPH (about 1.6 I think) and gives a smoother start. Loven this engine

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
BA, (Barley Awake) Was kind enough to take the time to re title this thread 2ce. (The OP seems to be a tad slow, snork) Thanks again BA,
.flg.

I am thinking the last day of entry should be the first day of fall?

I am going to build another Point Beach with our drive and some additional bells and whistles

dnut

Last edited:
Hi,

What are the rules? The prize will be awarded for best looking build? The most inventive way to mount a motor? The fastest? The cheapest? Any rules about drive systems? Would our new 2 speed drive system be allowed? Do we need to document the before and after with pictures? 4-strokes only?

Have fun,

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Camlifter I agree! Focus on 4-stroke, the 2-stroke guys will need to come to grips with the loss of their Beloved! The EPA did this at the end of '05 for those who can remember, but did not enforce it. In retrospect it would have cost them money to hunt down and prosecute. Now, the difference is, they have put a 1/2 Million Dollar prize at the end of that manhunt.

The contest will be better if it is defined a bit, as to what the goals are, not just a free-for-all entitled : "can you screw an engine kit on a bike". A quick browse thru these pages will show hundreds of virtually identical Chinese-made cruisers and MTB's with Chinese 2-strokes screwed into them. Where is the challenge there?

This was 2 cents worth,

Mike

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Me 2 Cam and good point again. Any thoughts on judges? I was thinking spouses but dunno. Will make categories. HF build, 4, 2 strokes, pushers and bizarre. So 5 categories. I gotta buy more "Happys" lol.
==================================================================

Second and 3rd place runners-up will receive a file to print up a certificate. All builds will receive a certificate of merit and or great goof factor. Really meant to be a fun and friendly endeavor.

The rules are; There are no rules. ("rules in a knife fight? who ever heard of rules in a knife fight?") 3 or less wheels and an engine. Unless your entering a skateboard, civic or horse with a pace maker. Friendly, goof around thing amongst friends.

2 strokes will be around for a long time to come if for nothing else, their economy and are more then welcome in this poodle parade and will be in a separate category. They have not been banned but a heavy tariff has been placed on the manufactures in China by our fed. So stock up!

dnut

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh, forgot. Thanks again BA! Your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

About beautiful here and I got the time and inclination, Ride time! Best part of the day. Close second is sundown when I get to play in my new work shop. (AKA Carol's old garage, snork)

Life es goood!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey Dan my production bike is just in the begining stages any chance I can enter this one
http://motorbicycling.com/f41/blow-u-first-production-build-felt-18487.html
Just thought I would ask
Cool Terry, was just gonna email ya and invite your crazy, great white north butt. Been awhile, how's every thing going? How is Mrs?

(Been workin' on a thing and will get pics soon. An all produced in America and North America kit. Really, really cool so far. But as yet, I dunno what I dunno. yet. snork)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
As Mike said, the future belongs to four strokes, so much as I drag my feet with this shift from 2 to 4, so I'm gonna have to learn this dance. I'll be following this thread with close attention expecting to learn a bunch from you guys.
SB