noisey motor mick29

GoldenMotor.com

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
Has any one had a new 48cc motor that is very rattle.It makes clack clack ting ting noises all the time exept going up hills under load. I ran the motor in for 500km like they advised and ran it at 16:1 A friend at work bought the same, never ran it in properly and its the quietest motor Ive heard. Can anyone help mick29

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Grease the main drive gears, the chain sprocket, and put some grease in the clutch actuator pin. That should greatly quiet things down.

I also put a piece of cardboard on the inside of the clutch cover which dampened the gear whine as well.

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Check the muffler for loose parts. Bang on it with your hand, when motor is cold. Or remove and shake it. Under load the exhaust pressure can keep the parts snug. At idle or cruise the parts jangle. I had the same problem on two of the black, cat mufflers. The long tube goes through two plates, the upper plate was not welded and was making a terrible racket. Sounded like the engine was coming apart. Not way to fix except cut and weld. If under warranty, contact vendor. I need a SBP expansion pipe.