carbs

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
i have a 48cc i have tha yd cns carb gettin a new one but theirs a few out there i saw a cns with air/fuel mi it says high pref but a couple nts all have different airfilters so witch one is the best and and i can still use my old throtle setup like the cable so if u can let me know thanx

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The basic nt is a good carb for these little engines. I have two bikes, one with the cns and one with the nt both run well if you get them tuned right. The nt you can buy for 15$ shipping included from eBay the cns is much higher, if I needed a carb for everyday riding I would go for the nt.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
A lot of towns now have ebay stores where I think they place the order for you, I don't know how that works but is a option.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Throttle cable will interchange from nt to cns if you have a decent amount of adjustment on the cable slack dealio on the throttle...

A lot of people drill more holes in all the air cleaners.
It probably helps a bit.

Builders with far more experience than I have said the transfer ports are the limiting factor on a china girl. So, it's probably not gonna need a huge carb or air cleaner.
IMO :)

If I installed an expansion chamber exhaust, I would certainly be looking for a superior carb.

The nt is much simpler than the cns, and I do think it's basic engineering is better.
However, I do think the cns can be made to dliver a little bit more power... if you try really, really hard to get it dialed in !

IMO, it just becomes a matter of diminishing returns.
For myself.
Some folks just love to tinker, and everything about these chinagirls is easy to work on, and dirt cheap for parts.

Have fun!
rc