1916 Indian two stroke

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I was looking around at the Antique Motorcycle Club of America website and saw this beauty. I never knew it existed. It's a 1916 Indian model K, no pedals, single cylinder "TWO STROKE ENGINE". I was laughing at the tank, it's virtually the same shape as mine. I thought all Indian fuel tanks were round, but this proves otherwise. Now I can say "they made flat sided tanks too". It takes 26x2.25 tires.
http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bboard/showthread.php?18123-1916-Model-K

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
awesome !

the fork looks like the fork at the 1905 model "camelback", are indian using parts like this a couple of years longer ? didn't see it before...
i wouldn't restore it, only make the technics fresh and go !

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey, you found one of the old "Canadian Indians". Hendee did a bit of subcontracting out now and then. If I remember right, that's what this was about to.
Right now, on Craigslist, in Xenia OH, a man is selling a 50s Indian Fire Arrow. That's another one where the Indian name is on it, but Royal Enfield actually built the bike.
The Indian marque has much history and variety.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey, you found one of the old "Canadian Indians". Hendee did a bit of subcontracting out now and then. If I remember right, that's what this was about too.
Right now, on Craigslist, in Xenia OH, a man is selling a 50s Indian Fire Arrow. That's another one where the Indian name is on it, but Royal Enfield actually built the bike.
The Indian marque has much history and variety.

Okay, this is weird. I tried to edit a typo, and ended up with a double post. How'd I do that? (DID I do that?)

Last edited: