My Home builds

GoldenMotor.com

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
Check out the pics..the first I named the Monroe and is made from a worksman frame and wheels and briggs motor...The second I named the Peace and is a clone of a 1910 Pierce with a 1936 Wisconsin motor and stainless steel frame and bars that I made myself.

Louie
Modern Antique Cycle

Attachments

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
WOW!!!
those are 2 of the most masterfully crafted one-off builds I've ever seen sir.
You've got skills. I can't help but wonder how much time and money goes into
building those beautiful machines. Tell us more about them and yourself. You not only fit in here, you are an instant role model for all of us. Good job doesn't say enough.
What do you do for a living? Something tells me these aren't the only cool things you've ever built. The extent of detail is awesome. Do tell.
Tim

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Louie,
I'm glad you started your own thread here so that more people can see these bikes. I got the preview in the AMCA Swap Meet - Denton Farmpark thread and have been admiring that Peace build all day long... can't get over how amazing that is. (Louie shared some details on the builds and his background there, but which I hope he posts here, too.) I said before that the Peace is the most beautiful BT build I've seen, I think. And there have been some wonderful builds here on the forum, so that is really saying something. I'm glad you've joined us here Louie.
SB

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
I took about a year and a half to build the Monroe but only about $250. Most parts are found stacked in the corners of my garage.
I spent about 2 years building the Peace and about $350. With again mostly garage parts from old MC's and bicycles. If you knew me, you would know I'm way to cheap to spend much on my creations. I do though insist that they are fully functional and it's nice if they look good too.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
LouieMCman,
Outstanding, real works of art. Welcome to the list. looking forward to seeing more.

Mac

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Louie, they sure do look good and I bet they are great rides. It's hard to believe you have so little money invested in them. On the other hand there's a lot of creative energy that went in to figuring out how you could use this and that from your corner resources and then making everything work. I know how satisfied I have felt riding along on something I built of much less quality and ingenuity than your builds. I'd be smiling a lot if I were you, catching bugs in my teeth, but happy anyway.
SB

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
The black bike I named the "Peace" and is a clone of a 1910 Pierce motorcycle. The engine is a Wisconsin AB made from 1936-49 and is all original except the intake manifold which I made to kick out the carb to the side. Whats trick about it is that I took the fan shroud off and turned it upside down and run the air flow through the frame and out the pipe you see in front which blows air directly onto the front of the cylinder. This makes the engine look like a motorcycle motor instead of a stationary one, not to mention makes it look just plain cool. The forced air seems to cool the motor good as well as the air flow from riding it. Attached picture shows the stainless steel frame work before painting, never mind the ugly welds, I'm a much better grinder than welder. Peace!

Attachments

discontinuuity

May 24, 2010
Colorado, USA
Cool, I wouldn't have thought of that!

I figured it was some kind of modified Briggs motor. I've got a spark plug clearance problem on my bike, so I was hoping I could get a head with a tilted plug like that one. Oh well!