New Christmas ever tradition

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have been picking up tools, nuts, washer, bolts and metal bits all morning. I plan to finish it sometime late tonight. I think I might just make this a tradition. I had to get out of the house mama is cooking the traditional Christmas dinner. It takes her two days to get it ready, so I have plenty of time to work in the shop while she is busy with her cooking.

I have been at it three hours and have most of the work bench clear. I have some of the floor clear but lots more to go. What I am concentrating on today is the small loose stuff. Wheels and the like will have to come later. Actually I'm looking for two sets of wire cutters which have been lost for months. They are the only two I have which will cut brake cable cleanly. At the moment I am taking an angle grinder to it. Talk about overkill.

At the moment I am on a warm up break. I could heat the shop but I hate to just for cleaning. Besides I need the breaks for coffee.

Sorry I misspelled eve lol... too much coffee

As long as Santa doesn't pass through the shop I should be okay.

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Good luck in your quest for the cutters. If you really want to find both pairs instantly just go buy another pair and when you go back into the garage they will both be laying where they are the first things you will see. Happens to me all the time. That is why I have two to four duplicates of a lot of my small tools.
Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous new year
Elmo

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Deacon,
Don't worry about finding your wire cutters. They probably just fell into that black hole that's beneath every work bench. The good news is they'll wormhole out somewhere else. I once found my pliers in my back pocket!
Merry Christmas and all best wishes for the New Year.
Mike

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
MI Mike,
That black hole you speak of, is that where my single sox go when I can't match them all up???????Or maybe the lids for all those containers under my cabinets????

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
MI Mike,
That black hole you speak of, is that where my single sox go when I can't match them all up???????Or maybe the lids for all those containers under my cabinets????
That's it Captain. Amazing ... the hole is so big everything you drop falls into it ... but so small you can't see the rascal! Very mysterious. :confused:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Merry Christmas Guys..

Nope never did find the cutters. I made the sad mistake of taking a break to ride, Half a mile into it the bike stopped dead. I burned the supply wire before it got to the fuse. So I spent the day changing the drive on the bike instead of finishing the shop. Another Christmas tradition shot.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Deacon I cleaned my shop yesterday and found a pair of wire cutters that dont belong to me.I wonder????????????? MERRY CHRISTMAS.H.D.