Diy in-frame motor jack-shaft options

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Here is a sketch of my DIY in frame motor mount and jack shaft mounting option`s.

A sheet metal shop down the road shears me what I need from his cut off piece`s. Hoping he has some hard aluminum scrap long enough for my side rails, it cuts nice with hole saw`s and the drill press. Nice enough for the 1 3/8" OD flanged or snap ring jack shaft bearings.

If bearing holes can be cut the pillow block bearings will not be required. Have a 160cc Honda 4 stroke for this build. Plan on a simple motor pulley and belt to the jack shaft with belt to my Whizzer back wheel. Will use a spring loaded belt tighting arm and idler pulley on both belts. Most likely the rear belt wil be used as a clutch with a handlebar lever and cable pulling against the spring tensioner.

Blocked out the two small top tubes with white out and scanned the pic. May or may not need to remove them. Depends on motor clearance. It is a chrome steel frame and the front tubes are about 1.5" dia.

Will post more as I progress like a Turtle. If you get ahead of me, will see you at the finish line.

Ron

Attachments

Last edited: