Clutch Problem

GoldenMotor.com

coppinskier

May 27, 2013
Logan, Utah
My bike seems to be stuck on the engine gear, making it so I cant pedal, even with the clutch down. A friend told me to tighten the clutch and it worked, but this time, tightening it is not changing anything. Any help would be great!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
search here on the board for clutch adjustment - adjust cable first, then clutch, then recheck cable

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not sure about a video, but there are written steps here on the board - don't miss the part about adjusting the flower nut while the clutch lever is in the lock position

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Dude, Go to norms repairs and search clutch adjustment and repaired there's everything in her about the clutch . I try using the form the right way everything is here do a search before you ask for help and then ask for help .

coppinskier

May 27, 2013
Logan, Utah
I've done the searching... adjusted the clutch and now it wont engage to the engine. I'm not seeing anything on here about this problem, only the opposite.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've done the searching... adjusted the clutch and now it wont engage to the engine. I'm not seeing anything on here about this problem, only the opposite.
Try this> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

Never start with messing with the flower nut until you have a firm understanding of what you're doing and how the clutch works. 9 times out of 10 clutch problems are a result of an improperly adjusted cable.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
did you remember to adjust the flower nut while the lever was locked?

procedure is: unlock lever, adjust cable - lock lever, adjust flower nut - unlock lever, adjust cable if needed