starting problems plz help

GoldenMotor.com

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
hi guys my bike build is finally done bike runs great but when i stop the engine still wants to pull a bit and when i pull in clutch the engine stops when i stop as long as i go a few mph the bike runs fine until i make a complete stop it wont idle and vibrates a little while wanting to go foward does anyone know whats up ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, Loosen the clutch cable end and push the arm over a bit more then re-tighten. Or- turn your cable adjuster out at the lever to take up some slack in the cable.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
It sounds like your clutch is not completely disengaging when you pull the clutch lever. Try tightening up the cable on the engine side. In other words remove any slack there is in the cable. Then you should be able to pull the clutch lever and have it completely disengage and it will no longer die or try to move forward.

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
thanks alot guys after tinkering around a bit i finally got it running right had to make clutch lever really tight and adjust cable i also had to increase idle a little now its running good