Dax gt50r on recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Thankyou Duane. I appreciate your videos. There are informative and helpful. Is a seventy mile mostly medium-running bike ride appropriate for a racing engine like the Dax gt50r. I imagine the Dax titan is better-suited. Is seventy miles or five hours run time mostly flat with some hills too long for a racing type engine? I think that a five-hour ride would be more fun with the Dax gt50r. Also Duane, if you don't mind, does the low stance of the recumbent considerably add to safety concerns of visibility on the roadway? Thankyou Duane for taking the time to: insightfully answer our questions, test products before selling them and helping this industry grow with ethical business practices, being a phone call away to help someone (customer or non-customer) and very importantly maintaining an adequate parts inventory of the merchandise you sell. Thanks again. "you haul sixteen tons and what do you get? one day older and deeper in debt" -Tenesee Ernie Ford

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hey y'all.. I am just having too much fun.. As for the Sun EZ1, it is an upright bent and has about the same height as other upright bicycles. This is what I love about this model. The Bike E is another with upright riding position. This is good because you are high up like other bikes and easy for cars to see you. I have seen many other Bents that are low profile and put the rider down low to the ground and below most car windows and this I feel can be dangerous, even with a red flag on your bike, cars will not pay you much attention. I have found that most cars even when they can see you do not or at least pay very little attention to bikes anyway. So. The more visible the better, and this recumbent is high enough to be seen, which is good. There are all styles of Bents. Some are high up like the TREK, Sun EZ's, and Bike E's. Most Bents are low profile. The Tads are butt scrapers and so low I do not think anyone can see you riding that.. Anyway.. I have another Video clip showing the EZ1 bent startup and then a flyby.. And I mean.. A flyby. I am just flat getting with it !! The GT50 R does not mess around when you open her up !! Enjoy the Short Video.. Enjoy the ride !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dplpYMMqc

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Hey y'all.. I am just having too much fun.. As for the Sun EZ1, it is an upright bent and has about the same height as other upright bicycles. This is what I love about this model. The Bike E is another with upright riding position. This is good because you are high up like other bikes and easy for cars to see you. I have seen many other Bents that are low profile and put the rider down low to the ground and below most car windows and this I feel can be dangerous, even with a red flag on your bike, cars will not pay you much attention. I have found that most cars even when they can see you do not or at least pay very little attention to bikes anyway. So. The more visible the better, and this recumbent is high enough to be seen, which is good. There are all styles of Bents. Some are high up like the TREK, Sun EZ's, and Bike E's. Most Bents are low profile. The Tads are butt scrapers and so low I do not think anyone can see you riding that.. Anyway.. I have another Video clip showing the EZ1 bent startup and then a flyby.. And I mean.. A flyby. I am just flat getting with it !! The GT50 R does not mess around when you open her up !! Enjoy the Short Video.. Enjoy the ride !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dplpYMMqc
but what about chain drive set ups on a worksman? :(

if you find a way to put one on a worksman inframe let me know i'll be picking one up quite soon after you post about that.