Hello from Havre de grace, Maryland!

GoldenMotor.com

Jeffro

Jun 25, 2010
havre de grace, Maryland
Hi, My name is jeffro, and I have been bitten by the motorized bicycle bug! I built my bike about 2 yrs ago, then stored it for 2 yrs. I decided to break it out this season, and man what fun! It fired right up. The only problem i appear to have is a little bogging at full throttle. I have modified the stock exhaust by gutting it, filling it with muffler packing material from a quad. Then I drilled out the end cap with a couple of holes. I then drilled some holes in the air breather cap. The bogging only occurs when the choke is fully open, i have to run it with the choke partially closed all the time. Why is this? Thanks for this awesome forum!

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Hi, My name is jeffro, and I have been bitten by the motorized bicycle bug! I built my bike about 2 yrs ago, then stored it for 2 yrs. I decided to break it out this season, and man what fun! It fired right up. The only problem i appear to have is a little bogging at full throttle. I have modified the stock exhaust by gutting it, filling it with muffler packing material from a quad. Then I drilled out the end cap with a couple of holes. I then drilled some holes in the air breather cap. The bogging only occurs when the choke is fully open, i have to run it with the choke partially closed all the time. Why is this? Thanks for this awesome forum!
Welcome to the forum Jeffro! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum, Jeffro. I lived in the DC area for a few years.
Bogging may be caused by an air leak in the intake system. Spray WD 40 into the intake connections while idling. If the motor speeds up, you have found the leak.