On the hunt for a motor

GoldenMotor.com

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
I'm getting some money together for my winter build and looking for a good motor to use.... I wanted something with more power than my little china girl SR, but I also want to maintain the use of a lever actuated clutch. Looked for a while found nothing. Does anyone in here have any ideas?

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I'm getting some money together for my winter build and looking for a good motor to use.... I wanted something with more power than my little china girl SR, but I also want to maintain the use of a lever actuated clutch. Looked for a while found nothing. Does anyone in here have any ideas?
z

HFT has a 6-1/2HP for $99.99 until Dec. 1 I think. It is light and sloper 4 cycle OHV. so has low profile and is light. I have one on my 3 speed Monarch and it runs about 50 mph with balls of torque

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
lifan 98cc is very low profile, looks better than any other clone engine, and has decent power. it is much lower than ohv engines like harbor freight and cheaper than a briggs. the compression can be raised from 5:1 to 9:1 by milling the head and that will give you a huge boost in torque, it should cost less than $30 at a machine shop.