New member,Centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
New here, I put together the bike with basicaly no instructions. Installed chain but can not get to rotate free. The pedals are locked up and nothing turns unless I pull the cord. It is the engine with pull start and centrifugal clutch, Please help! Also do I need to put oil in the bottom, below carburator? Looks like this is a fill hole?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You won't need to add oil to the bottom end, it's a two stroke.

Have you started it yet? I am not overly familiar with the c-clutch kits, maybe someone who has one will chime in shortly.

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
Sorry Joe , I meant the gear box...think it needs oil.. did not recieve any instructions with this kit and then they told me to go on line and down load instructions that were not specific to this engine. I call and the girl tells me to sit on the bike and start it..WHAT ??...the pull cord feels like its gonna break....now what?

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Oh you still have to engage the clutch lever for them to move.hope this helps.Don't oil nothing.Take a picture of where you at now or video and post it if you can,some body will or I will help you along.

Last edited:

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
pedals are not hitting, there is no lever to pull in clutch its Centrifugal Clutch please check it out

http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...tart-centrifugal-clutch-bicycle-engine-k.html

I have called Bike Berry and no help...they said its new and have no info on it. I have done everything to resolve this but they wont help. Then they sent me instructions for a different engine...Ill try and post so pics..thanks guy's Your All I have ....Mike

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Okay in the picture it shows a clutch lever and in the description it say clutch cable.So it's suppose to have one.It won't work without one.Hope you have it.Show a picture of your bike where you are at now or video and people will help you along on here as well as I will.

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
Trying to post some pics...this engine has no clutch lever like the pic...When you give it gas the Centrifugal Clutch expands and grabs to engage..

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I think but not really sure about the clutch on the pull starting thing but I think you need the clutch lever engaged to pull start it,that's why it feels it going to break.

Last edited:

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
MY PEOPLE !! did anyone here ever have a go-kart or mini-bike when they were kids that had a centerfugal clutch? there is no lever to pull in...you give it gas and when the shaft starts spinning the pads in the clutch housing start to spread out and you go !!! THERE IS NO LEVER !!!!!!!!!!

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
They also did not have a 2 stroke either.Just believe me these 2 stroke do!!!Plus they didn't have pedals.

Last edited:

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Hey mike just trying to help you out.No other put intended.Thats what im on here for is to help others and learn things myself.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I see exactly where WAN is going. How do you start the engine if it has no lever to pull. So don't get mad at him, he's trying to help you out. You're not giving him any good information, any pictures, then you're catching an attitude when he's trying to tell you what to do.

Take pics and post them. Normally, on a regular 2 stroke, you'd pull the clutch lever, pedal the bike untill you reach a decent speed, then release the clutch to where the rear wheel drives the motor for a second (like when you dump the clutch on a stick shift car to start it).
When you do that, you start the bike. With the clutch lever out (not depressed) you shouldn't be able to rotate the engine (or bike) freely.

Like I said, post pics or make a video of what you're talking about. And it's not polite for a NOOB with 6 posts to catch an attitude with an ELITE member who's trying to help the NOOB.
This is a fun sport/hobby. WAN is trying to give you his help.

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
I whole heartily apologize if I offended anyone, Its just my frustration with bike berry, they refuse to help me with this engine. Now the pull start cable broke while trying to get everything working....sending it back..thats what I get for buying cheap Chinese crap. Sorry for bothering you guys.

Mike G

Jul 3, 2012
Havertown pa
oh and ..why would I lie about the clutch lever? There is none. You pull start the engine...and as the RPM's go up the clutch expands and goes. Problem is the clutch is already grabing in neutral.....THERE's NO CLUTCH LEVER !!!!!