Blown head gasket or motor?

GoldenMotor.com

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
So i was on a nice cruize sunday after noon, my friend was riding my mb and i was on my moped. i look back and hes no where to be seen, so i drive back aways and come across him stopped on the side of the road. he said the engine had gotten pretty hot and was getting very noisy and losing power so he shut it off to let it cool down. then we tried to start it and it wouldnt even turn over... so i had to tow him back there was a bit of gas/oil in the fins of the head. the bike was on break in period still.. i may have mixed the oil incorrectly seeing as i was too eager to go ride and just eyeballed it :( so i think im screwed... im guessing i fried it due to lack of oil. its just to back the engine litterly had less than 100 miles on it.. any ideas?? thanks!:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If you fried the engine. It's cheaper to get a new engine. contact one of the vendors for just an engine.
Be sure next time to take the time to properly mix in the proper amount of oil.

Bmoney

Apr 20, 2011
Sterling, Ma
I pulled it apart today, found out that the head gasket was blown out and I seized thr piston to the cylinder. I was able to free it up and get the head completely off.. I'm gonna salvage it rather than getting a new one. Ill bring the cylinder to get honed/decked, order a new piston/rings, gaskets ect and ill get all new m8 studs while I got it apart. Should be just fine after I would think and definitely cheaper..

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
The cylinder on these are chrome plated, honing ain't going to work. Your going to find out it will be less expensive to toss it and get a new one.
Why ask if you've already decided on what to do?

Last edited: